SMOKING EXHAUST Parts List

I have recently started looking into this and will be posting up some info soon.

Thanks Art. I tried to add smoke to my Rocketeer jetpack - I had a dry ice hookup that worked for about 20-30 minutes of constant mist. There was very little room in the pack, so it was limited to what I could do. From what I see, the Fett packs provide more room to manoeuvre things around. It would be cool to see a kit put together that one who is not electrically inclined (...ahem....moi)...could purchase and install easily. I'll keep watching :) Thanks for looking into it!

I can't believe it's almost been 8 years since I posted the parts list. Man does time fly.

I'm glad to see that some of you have used the info to add smoke to your pack, and/or have come up with your own idea.

Always love the sharing nature of TDH.

I have recently started looking into this and will be posting up some info soon.

This sounds very interesting Art. Looking forward to the latest news.

I know this is an old thread but I have concidered doing this on my new ROTJ. Here is what I have found...
Antari MCR-1 Wireless Remote Control - Antari M1 Battery Operated Portable Compact Mobile Fog / Smoke Machine
Works just like a regular fog machine only with a rechargable battery and remote.

that looks like it's just the remote for the antari M1, i'm pretty sure you're going to need this: Amazon.com: Antari Portable Battery Operated M1 Fog Machine: Musical Instruments

Jet Pack thrusters test with smoke machine
DSC01761.jpg

I like the idea of using some type of smoke machine so that the fog is constantly misting out. Was this fog machine plugged in? If so, how did you get around the cables? Wear a battery pack?

I found this 'wizard stick' online that seems to work alright..but you have to compress a switch. I think just putting a clamp (or even rubber bands) around it would take care of that. Question would then be how long does the smoke actually last in that little thing.

Product:
Amazon.com: Wizard Stick: Toys & Games

Video:
Wizard Stick smoke machine - YouTube

I want to build this as close to the original design as possible, however I am having issues locating the listed solenoid. ASCO does not appear to manufacture it any longer.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a comparable solenoid?

I want to build this as close to the original design as possible, however I am having issues locating the listed solenoid. ASCO does not appear to manufacture it any longer.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a comparable solenoid?

According to the ASCO catalog, they still make the valve listed, but I could not find it for sale on-line in a quick search. The 12Vdc version is available here: ASCO 8264G009 12DC Solenoid Valve (8040H8). Order Online From Valves And Instruments

I used the 6Vdc, because that is what size battery I had to power the valve. If you have a 12Vdc source the above valve will work for you. The 6Vdc valve could be ordered from an ASCO dealer in your area. Check the ASCO site for a list of distributors.

Gator

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back