All the bits for the EE-3 came in yesterday! I slapped it together after everything dried. I love it! Good enough for scratch built, haha. Pretty happy with this. I used an engraving tool to do the pistol grip. Still need to wash and drybrush to give it a better look. Looking forward to Mk II when I get around to it! What a fun build. Just need the port holes for approval, and some detail work on the blaster. Ready for May 4th!

Wn1s52D.jpg

On the Bell/Spur front, I reduced the bells to 12 in each bag and so far it has a notable clink that works for me. I didn't really have a great selection of bells so the range was pretty small. I will likely keep an eye open whenever I find myself in a craft store.

May 4th gave me the unique opportunity to take my kit out for a run with the 501st GGG when they visited my work campus. I attended as an employee with a really nice Boba Fett kit. :lol:

I also had a chance to lay out my gear and take reference photos for fine tuning equipment. So much more to do before formal applications take place. This is my new base level as I upgrade the parts to be more accurate and comfortable to troop in. There are a number of items that have long wait times to acquire and my choice of equipment sped up my ability to kit up and take it out for free events. I'm in chats with several vendors to round out my equipment.

Immediate upgrades needed:
Big Dane Jetpack Harness
Mike M Gloves
Arkady Flight suit, vest, neckseal
Sidewinder EE-3, Pulce, holster

lRFT0Cp.jpg

cWNXLHZ.jpg

8OQYCoa.jpg

Helmet:
- FPH2 cast by Wasted Fett
- First paint up
- Static rangefinder with nut and bolt
- Lights and RF upgrades planned for future.

ZC1MYvv.jpg

Fy67TBV.jpg

W80xGvu.jpg

bdfmb2s.jpg

Armor, Accessories, and Soft Parts:
- Flight suit, vest, neck seal, gauntlets, boots, jetpack, shin tools, girth belt by Man of War Studios
- Planned upgrade soft parts to Arkady at later time.
- ESB Hero armor cast by Wasted Fett
- Armor attached with locking back jeweler's pins
- Ammo belt by Delta13Mike
- Wookiee Braids by woodman
- Cape by 14 Killstripes. Donated as a spare from material he had remaining.
- Metal Accessories by Machine Craft Replicas: JP Beacon, Collar/Cod Studs, Gauntlet Darts, Toe Spikes
- EE-3 built using the Happytrooper.com tutorial - first attempt. Intended to have the correct silhouette, despite inaccuracy.

QpuU7qp.jpg

CKoGuXU.jpg

YUFh6E8.jpg

Y6yBmwI.jpg

GxUPG6f.jpg

jBEWEOA.jpg

VvmwvEX.jpg

Fco6f7S.jpg

HkIWta0.jpg

I guess until I'm approved, I'm still a WIP! Here are some quick updates:

Size and order to Arkady for tailored flight suit, neck seal, and vest.
Gloves ordered from Mike M.
Holster crafted by Delta13 is in the mail!
JC25's RF light kit should be on the way as well!

Just got Big Dane's jetpack rig! Can't wait to put it on and feel the difference.
Bh365wn.jpg

April Storm printed out a beautiful Pulce 40 that got cleaned up and primed.
YsZs7U5.jpg

And I got to take my Fett out for a run at the San Francisco Comic Con! I'm lost at least 10 pounds in these photos from May 4th. Suit fits MUCH better now!

EC2hwyL.jpg
4tl09uY.jpg

Haven't even made it approved as a Basic Boba for 501st or MMCC, but already looking into Level 2 Infamous upgraaaaaades.

STOKED. it's only a matter of time now...

All the bits for the EE-3 came in yesterday! I slapped it together after everything dried. I love it! Good enough for scratch built, haha. Pretty happy with this. I used an engraving tool to do the pistol grip. Still need to wash and drybrush to give it a better look. Looking forward to Mk II when I get around to it! What a fun build. Just need the port holes for approval, and some detail work on the blaster. Ready for May 4th!

View attachment 163401

On the Bell/Spur front, I reduced the bells to 12 in each bag and so far it has a notable clink that works for me. I didn't really have a great selection of bells so the range was pretty small. I will likely keep an eye open whenever I find myself in a craft store.

Nice work - looks great!

Did a few updates to the kit before taking application photos for 501st and Mandalorian Mercenaries. It's been a long time coming! Really looking forward to what the two clubs will say with the same photo sets. :cautious:

lE99T3x.jpg
3Zg8K76.jpg

g28PnBr.jpg
isRnCqZ.jpg

0xCJY7R.jpg
17k8H5s.jpg

Here's a side by side of indoor lighting, indirect outdoor, and direct outdoor:
OpZxz3N.jpg

Then I played in the tree line across the street:
Y4tUd5r.jpg

GB7yl47.jpg

Now I await my approval process. The anticipation will likely cause loss of sleep.

I'll drop this stuff off too for references of where I stand compared to some film references. It's really tough to nail the colors down, especially on my first paint up. I've seen several other Boba painters really nail the color. I used information that has to be several years old for sure, perhaps the next paint up I'll deviate and go with what my eye suggests. The shades of green are varying not only in the film, but between every Boba Fett out there. I feel good about my colors though.

Xo9UHpg.jpg

w15BQ7D.jpg

Hey dude

Overall the kit looks good, but two things may ding your approval...though, I am no means an ESB expert.

I think you said you are getting Mike M gloves, MoW gloves seem to be unapprovable now.

Your girth belt looks more RoTJ (RED) then ESB (more brownish). I would try and dye it a couple times or maybe order a woodman one if you can’t get it right.

Hey dude

Overall the kit looks good, but two things may ding your approval...though, I am no means an ESB expert.

I think you said you are getting Mike M gloves, MoW gloves seem to be unapprovable now.

Your girth belt looks more RoTJ (RED) then ESB (more brownish). I would try and dye it a couple times or maybe order a woodman one if you can’t get it right.

Hey Chris4321,

Thanks for the notes. I learned about the MoW issue and should have the replacement Mike M. gloves by end of next week.

Also agreed on the girth belt. I used a brown RIT dye and seems it didn't hold the color post dye. Theres a picture in the WIP and you'll see it. Turns out dying those belts wont hold color at all. I put two boxes of red and a bottle of brown into another one for some rubbish looking purple color light years from the "wine" color the bottle advertised... And the belt was white! Looked great in the pot, but didnt keep. Then I discovered people are using wood stain or paint to get the red-brown waaaaay later and the hardware stores locally don't carry the color I need.

I'm 100% in agreement, but decided to let it roll through the process before I made changes I would regret. Easy fixes if it gets push back.

Thanks again! Your feedback is welcome.

Put some dye into a secondary girth belt anticipating the color issue. I like the MoW because there's no threading in the center of the belt. The actual horse girth belt has threading right in the middle of the pattern.

I might have to dye or airbrush the MoW to match the colors. At least the stain will be dry by the time critiques/feedback arrives.

iob8CqK.jpg

mTkFrka.jpg

Last edited:
The gap between your girthbelt buckets on the rear photo appears to be bigger than 6-8 inches as required in the CRL.

Good eye. I have the MoW belt and I like the way it looks compared to the actual mohair girth. Decided to use it for photos and see if it comes back. I'm aware of the gap and the CRLs say the measured distances are guidelines and GML will determine final say. Because the MoW is smaller for my body type (and I'd need to dye the material anyway), I decided to give it a shot before purchasing a new one to completely rework. To note: MoW measures at 29 inches. I will likely need to get a 38 or 40 inch girth belt to hit the 6-8 inches. Previously mentioned is the Mohair belts have threading in the center of the belt (pics above), where the MoW is just rope strands.

Thanks for the sharp eyes!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back