Ripcode Bucket Progress thread By EVAN4218

Looking good Rip!(y)

Hang in there buddy as hard as that can be from experience... :lol:

But, from what i have seen of evan4218's work in the past and again, right here in the pic's of your "in progress " bucket...:love

it will be worth the wait!(y)

Mason.8)

Here some more picture goodness.

Thanks Spidy for posting that pic!!! :)

And thakyou MJA for the complements. Its definitly hard to wait for something you want so bad but good things always come to those who wait!!!

Here are some pics showing better the silver wethering that is now on the bucket... obvisouly its only a start but it shows well the reverse masking that I am using. All of the silver is handbrushed on this sukcer!!!

Enjoy... more to come!

rip_8_15_1.jpg

rip_8_15_2.jpg

rip_8_15_3.jpg

rip_8_15_4.jpg

rip_8_15_5.jpg

rip_8_15_6.jpg

rip_8_15_7.jpg

rip_8_15_8.jpg

Here some more picture goodness.

Thanks Spidy for posting that pic!!! :)

And thakyou MJA for the complements. Its definitly hard to wait for something you want so bad but good things always come to those who wait!!!

Here are some pics showing better the silver wethering that is now on the bucket... obvisouly its only a start but it shows well the reverse masking that I am using. All of the silver is handbrushed on this sukcer!!!

Enjoy... more to come!

This reverse masking method, by this do you mean a topical application of the silver ?
Looks fantastic BTY - looks like another thread subscription for me here !!!!:)

This reverse masking method, by this do you mean a topical application of the silver ?
Looks fantastic BTY - looks like another thread subscription for me here !!!!:)

PGH, thats correct. It is indeed all topica. I simply drew my damage areas, masked the areas around them... painted my silver on and removed my masking fluid. This eliminates the tape pull up problem that so many have on there buckets. :)

Evan,
This rocks, your effort on this is nothing less than incredible.
I only asked because the silver looks so "smooth", like it was sprayed on.
What brand is it, goes on really nice.......

the trick isnt the brand, its the amount of paint on your brush. You want very little slver on the brush to achive this... your just basicly creating a coating that your smoothing over the area. As it starts to dry, I like to hold it to the light and see if I missed any brush strokes, and just brish over it again in a different directon softly if there is.

I am currently using allmost all Humbrol enamles on this. My silver is 27002 Metal Cote. Super strong when it drys, not like some that seem soft. But you want to do thin coats and let them dry inbetween, Otherwise the paint cannot cure correctly.
:)

PGH, thats correct. It is indeed all topica. I simply drew my damage areas, masked the areas around them... painted my silver on and removed my masking fluid. This eliminates the tape pull up problem that so many have on there buckets. :)

DANG! I gotta try that. you make it sound so easy.

Hard to believe, but a little silver and a little orange make a big difference since the last update! :lol:

Progress.... Yes! (y)

Looking Great! Can't wait to see how this turns out. Just one thing, Doesn't the ROTJ Bucket have 18 slightly smaller kill stripes and the ESB has the 14?

Looking Great! Can't wait to see how this turns out. Just one thing, Doesn't the ROTJ Bucket have 18 slightly smaller kill stripes and the ESB has the 14?

@*#!$%&@^#$%!&@^ :angry

Well, I thought this would be my first bucket with no mistakes or paint touch ups... I was wrong.... poop!!!

Oh well, easy fix... and good catch KA

Glad we caught that now.... LOL ;)

allrighty... back to the shop to revise my stencil for the ks...

I may tweek the dent scratch a bit since the it was based on the size of the old kill stripes. Either way you will get a new pic in a day or so.

I know some miss this detail and Ripcode was asking me about it so I will show some pics highlighting the dark gunmetal like color found on the dent.

Dent1.jpg

Dent2.jpg

Dent3.jpg

To achive this effect I am laying down the silver first then remasking the area after all the silver is down and adding this gunmettal color by missting it over. I will show some examples of this in the coming days.

I know some miss this detail and Ripcode was asking me about it so I will show some pics highlighting the dark gunmetal like color found on the dent.

Dent1.jpg

Dent2.jpg

Dent3.jpg

To achive this effect I am laying down the silver first then remasking the area after all the silver is down and adding this gunmettal color by missting it over. I will show some examples of this in the coming days.

Evan, I'm conviced, you are truly sick !!!! :lol: :lol: (y)
Your attention to detail is superb, keep up the great work.
Spidey's fingers can use a break from painting I'm sure !!! LOL :lol:
BTY, both of you should have insurance coverage on your digits and hands for the great work you two fellas turn out (y)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back