Ralph's Mandalorian build

Getting awesome parts is one thing, but what really strikes me is how well you fit into all this; extremely snug fit. Everything looks so right because of it. Very, very convincing portrayal of the character!

And you are one of the best teachers in the world XD

Getting awesome parts is one thing, but what really strikes me is how well you fit into all this; extremely snug fit. Everything looks so right because of it. Very, very convincing portrayal of the character!

And you are one of the best teachers in the world XD
Thank you so much, on all counts! You're too kind :)
Some better pics! :)
IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG
IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0074.JPG
IMG_0075.JPG
IMG_0076.JPG
IMG_0077.JPG

Last edited:
What a difference some free time to photography and some lighting can do! Those look great! It can be intimidating for people to weather and distress there armor and soft parts which results in a Mando that looks like they were buffed and shined by Mr Clean. The armor needs to look wore in but not mistreated like Fett armor. You nailed that element.

I could stare at the creases in the leather on the left leg all day, Jon did a fantastic job on it! The detail and pigmentation around the eyes is one of the many details that really separate this custom from the stock sideshow or hot toy Grogu. It's just the right amount of floppy and squishy looking. (y)

Simply stunning, your hard work paid off. 'If I could pick gnats out of pepper' I would dull down the seam stitching with coffee/tea wash. Specifically the stitching on the undersuit and leather parts. The shoes will scuff up naturally with some wear especially where the shin armor chafes the top of the boot. With all that said, I would probably leave it as is and let time do its thing. What really sets your costume off is the attention to tailoring the undersuit and the base model (your physique).

Thank you so much both!!

lear60man Agreed on the stitching. I already darkened it previously using brown shoe polish and espresso, but it's lightened over time. It also photographs lighter than it looks. The thread type is somewhat shiny :)

I really appreciate all of your kind words and feedback!

Hi all!

I thought I'd put a quick video together that showcases where and who I got all of my Mandalorian costume bits and pieces from. Hope this helps you on your quest (should you decide to put one together yourself). I'll make another video at some point soon about how I went about attaching everything.

Hey FoxHound1984 !

Is this the mannequin you're using?

I've been looking around and most attach on the lower calf. It works okay for my Boba, but it's very problematic on the right side since that is where the boot armor is for Mando... trying to figure out a good display mannequin for Mando since all the parts are just sitting in a closet right now for me.

Hey FoxHound1984 !

Is this the mannequin you're using?

I've been looking around and most attach on the lower calf. It works okay for my Boba, but it's very problematic on the right side since that is where the boot armor is for Mando... trying to figure out a good display mannequin for Mando since all the parts are just sitting in a closet right now for me.
It is! That's the same one I used.

How do you like it? Does it tip over at all?

Hard to tell from the reviews since it seems like it does it's job well enough to hold your Mando jetpack too.
Mine doesn't tip at all, mainly cause the armor is fairly evenly weighted. Just make sure he stands on that plate. I honestly don't see it falling over anytime soon :)

Last edited:
AMAZING! Makes me want to go back and perfect my build! I need to figure out a better leg wrap - yours looks PERFECT. I ordered the JJ Industries Rubber mold with the wrinkles but haven't attached any leather yet. It's literally the last part of my build that I want to perfect right now.

Great job, man. I've followed your progress from the start :)

Who made your gauntlets by the way? HDC? I noticed you're one of the few who still have that line on right gauntlet on the inside since it seems to get lost in molds/paint/etc. by most makers.

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back