Prepro "Eyes" Helmet Thread

Here is the bucket all painted up in the main colors, I tried to take pics in the most natural light I could.

I may have gotten the gash a little long, it is hard to guesstimate this stuff when the details arn't painted on yet.. :lol: :lol:

Pp7.jpg

Pp8.jpg

Pp9.jpg

Pp10.jpg

Lynn

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, you guy's are making me salivate for a prepro helmet ...

Great work Lynn!
Your earpiece color looks exactly like the color i used.
Kinda like faded chrome.
I'm yet to add the killmarks and weathering in the back..

-Mikael

Thanks Mikael!

I got my back of the helmet mostly done, I drew out he basic shapes of the weathering with a pencial and then painted in the weathering by hand using the same color as the left ear.

I then dirtied it up quit a bit with some grey chalk dust. I ran out of silver paint, :/ , so I couldn't finish the silver scratchs and nicks. I tried using aluminum, but it didn't look the right.

I filled in the scratch a little bit and made it shorter and I did start to weather that up a bit.

Lynn

I've started to weather the back too and do the grey scratches. The grey will not stick too good so i will have to buy some other color for it. I'll post a pic later:)

-Mikael

Here's a new pic! The darker color in the back will be darkened when clearcoated adn the grey scratches will have to be redone:

prepro6.jpg

-Mikael

This is looking really cool. You guys are doing a helluva job!

Impressive indeed! I've decided that helmet painting skills are not included in my skills folder...!

:lol:

I'm sanding down my DP DLX recast in order to make a rabbit ears helmet, especially since I'm anticipating a MSH2. :D
I tried contacting RA to see if he'd be willing to work on the helmet for me but I havent heard back from him yet.
*crosses fingers*

Well long time since last update..
Bad new first. My helmet broke in 6 pieces(i'm not even going into how it broke. Goodnews:I managed to glue it all together with Epoxy and it's as sturdy as it originally was. Now i'm sanding the helmet to get rid of all the uneveness by the cracks. I'm glad this is a resin helmet. Fiberglass would have been harder to repair. The paint have been stripped and i'm starting allover again...

I'll post update shots as they become available.

-Mikael

Oh man that is aweful to hear. That was such a sweet helmet. I am sure that it will look great again with you amazing painting skills but it still bad to hear.

show me your Pre-pro Rabbit ear helmet

anyone painted a pre-pro helmet, the one with the "rabbit ears"

is there any good reference for the back of that helmet?

please show me yours:)

Hey guys I've been looking for more info on the "story" behind the "bunny ears"? What are they there for... is it mentioned anywhere? Any info would be great.

I believe the purpose was to make people look silly when he stood behind them in photographs.

Well it looks like I'll be starting on this helmet soon :)

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back