The Mandalorian Boba helmet derived from Sideshow bust? If so, what changes - Discussion

56Strat

New Hunter
I ordered one, I know they aren’t the SA cast, but to practice my paint skills and have a nice display bucket, the price wasn’t terrible. But even his comparison photos prove that they aren’t the same helmet. The borden connector is way off. Plus the dent is in the shadows, but I’m willing to bet it’s a slightly altered recast of the sideshow. If it was or has any lineage to the show, I’m sure it wasn’t Fett.

bobafett22

New Hunter
Alright, so the post office came through extra quick and I got this in the mail today. I gave it a quick pass of grey primer and a black wash to try to highlight the paint details that are there.

There is not a single doubt in my mind this is simply a poor recast of a ROTJ sideshow helmet that had the turn signals modified and a sloppy paint job applied.

I asked a Legacy friend directly about the “19” labeling, asked him frankly, hey would you guys ever label a master like this? “No.” Does this look like the Fett you guys did for the show?
“No.”
hello Is possible to get the measurements of the helmet , thanks in advance

stormtrooperguy

Sr Hunter
So... a theory on this:
  • The claim is that the helmet is the source from which the Cobb/Boba/Deathwatch helmets derived.
  • It's generally agreed that the helmets in the show all come from the Sideshow bust.
  • it's not really understood how a production mold could make its way out of a real prop shop
What if...

• Someone made a waste mold off of a sideshow bust, and pulled a casting to clean up / mold to be the master.
  • That waste mold made it into private hands.
  • Since it was intended to be destroyed no-one would really notice/care.
    These helmets being offered are from the LegacyFX waste mold?

This is 100% conjecture on my part. I have no connection to any of this other than having bought one of these before I came to realize that it is not what I thought it was.

RamSkirata

Hunter
So... a theory on this:
  • The claim is that the helmet is the source from which the Cobb/Boba/Deathwatch helmets derived.
  • It's generally agreed that the helmets in the show all come from the Sideshow bust.
  • it's not really understood how a production mold could make its way out of a real prop shop
What if...

• Someone made a waste mold off of a sideshow bust, and pulled a casting to clean up / mold to be the master.
  • That waste mold made it into private hands.
  • Since it was intended to be destroyed no-one would really notice/care.
    These helmets being offered are from the LegacyFX waste mold?

This is 100% conjecture on my part. I have no connection to any of this other than having bought one of these before I came to realize that it is not what I thought it was.
I think its just as likely as any other theory, but you have claimed nothing else. Even if it were true, the very relevant question then would arise: "So what?" It'd be just a sideshow casting just like any other. Whant would have happened after the fact is what makes the Mandalorianb Boba.
The written number casted in also wouldnt really fit this theory.