Post Imp Mando Scratch build

So I’m cutting my sintra, which is 1/4 in, using a saw but I can’t seem to hit all the angles I need to, any tips?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
So I’m cutting my sintra, which is 1/4 in, using a saw but I can’t seem to hit all the angles I need to, any tips?

That doesn't look like Sintra to me. It looks like some type of acrylic. Sintra is two layers of pvc with a foam core in between, which can be cut with an xacto-knife or utility blade.

Last edited:
That doesn't look like Sintra to me. It looks like some type of acrylic. Sintra is two layers of pvc with a foam core in between, which can be cut with an xacto-knife or utility blade.
Oh shoot… I pulled that right off someone’s sintra how to guide, wonder if it’s the wrong link…

Okay, last night I got the holster built and rigged!

Attachments

• 510D6E64-BCCA-4C60-8FEE-750E6B94388B.jpg
    510D6E64-BCCA-4C60-8FEE-750E6B94388B.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 71625166058__B96998A0-A068-484A-AB6A-7E8089F5DF14.jpg
    71625166058__B96998A0-A068-484A-AB6A-7E8089F5DF14.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9463.jpg
    IMG_9463.jpg
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 54
Also, here's a few signets i sketched up! A jawa is of significance to my mando, hence the jawa signet.

Any tips for creating signets?

Attachments

• mando signet 1.PNG
    mando signet 1.PNG
    28.8 KB · Views: 53
  • mando signet 2.PNG
    mando signet 2.PNG
    11.8 KB · Views: 49
The flightsuit top came in this weekend, super exited to get started. Do you suggest I make a flak vest? If so, can i make one out of an old t-shirt? I saw someone who used some old quiliting fabric...

I would 100% suggest making a flak vest. T-Shirt material may work if you double it with batting in between, but you'd need more than a single t-shirt worth of material. Ideally you want a stiffer fabric. Not necessarily cordura or canvas but definitely something with a bit more structure and less elasticity. The process I used for mine was to make each panel with two cuts of fabric stacked with a piece of batting. Sew around the edge leaving a hole big enough to pull the piece inside out. Pull it inside out and topstitch. Then assemble the panels. Makes for a sturdy vest you can hang armor off of.

I haven't tried constructing a vest out of a single layer before, but I imagine if you did use a cordura or canvas you could probably get away with a single layer.

I would 100% suggest making a flak vest. T-Shirt material may work if you double it with batting in between, but you'd need more than a single t-shirt worth of material. Ideally you want a stiffer fabric. Not necessarily cordura or canvas but definitely something with a bit more structure and less elasticity. The process I used for mine was to make each panel with two cuts of fabric stacked with a piece of batting. Sew around the edge leaving a hole big enough to pull the piece inside out. Pull it inside out and topstitch. Then assemble the panels. Makes for a sturdy vest you can hang armor off of.

I haven't tried constructing a vest out of a single layer before, but I imagine if you did use a cordura or canvas you could probably get away with a single layer.
Okay, thanks! Ill do a little more research.

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back