Pinkflamingos6 ROTJ Build

PinkFlamingos6
I concur with ShortFuse - a simple misting of Dark Grey's and Blacks will make all the difference! Here is what I ended up doing for my Right Gauntlet....
Right Gauntlet.jpg

Also, was just curious what colors (Brand-Wise) you were using on that sample plate above. I'm assuming you're using an airbrush, yeah?

Aside from that this is great work! Keep it up!

Best,
-Iron

Thanks for the tips!
I ended up going with some random damage on the underside of the gauntlet and hit it with some black misting from my airbrush. The clear coat toned down the black so I may have to redo some parts tomorrow.
20211231_211626.jpg

20211231_211616.jpg

And Iron, I ended up going with rattle cans for my build. I figured the craft paints weren't going to be durable enough in the long run. But I believe the colors on the plates were folk art brand.

And Iron, I ended up going with rattle cans for my build. I figured the craft paints weren't going to be durable enough in the long run. But I believe the colors on the plates were folk art brand.
A few years ago I did a test with some craft paint on some shoulder bells and the paint turned out to be surprising durable. I probably wouldn’t recommend using it on big pieces though. That it why I chose smaller pieces to test it on. Here is the thread.

A few years ago I did a test with some craft paint on some shoulder bells and the paint turned out to be surprising durable. I probably wouldn’t recommend using it on big pieces though. That it why I chose smaller pieces to test it on.
I think all by its lonesome it probably wouldn’t hold up as well. But you toss on some enamel matte sealer, and I should think you’d be fine.

But like most others I stuck with tried and true brands like Tamiya, Vallejo and Humbrol paints. So far done they’ve done well by me. I did use Folk Art brand black paint (watered down) to paint on middle stripe for my boots. It worked out well.

-Iron

Last edited:
Hope everyone is having a happy and healthy new year!

I took some advice and went back on the gauntlet with some black and gray misting to "dull" some things out and here's what I got. I have to work on my photography skills to give a better representation of my pieces lol
PinkFlamingos6
….There ya go!

Made all the difference yeah?
;)
Maybe give it a once over (very lightly) with some #0000 Steel Wool and then give it a final spay of matte enamel sealer and call er’ good!

Best,
-Iron

PinkFlamingos6
….There ya go!

Made all the difference yeah?
;)
Maybe give it a once over (very lightly) with some #0000 Steel Wool and then give it a final spay of matte enamel sealer and call er’ good!

Best,
-Iron
Oh yeah a big difference lol I might hold off on the clear for now since I used enamels to do the misting. Have to see how the other gauntlet comes out so I can match the finish. Currently have the hoses in a coffee bath now

Looks like I'm done for now, just waiting on the hoses to finish up. Got the darts from RbreplicaStore and hot glued some foam on the inside. They fit nicely, just have to double check the fit over the flightsuit. I'm so tempted to put the toggle switches in but I know they're not 100% accurate. Thanks for everyone's help!
20220101_130040.jpg

20220101_130104.jpg

Looks like I'm done for now, just waiting on the hoses to finish up. Got the darts from RbreplicaStore and hot glued some foam on the inside. They fit nicely, just have to double check the fit over the flightsuit. I'm so tempted to put the toggle switches in but I know they're not 100% accurate. Thanks for everyone's help!
View attachment 218668
View attachment 218669
Put the switches on there. Who cares what others think. If you like it, that’s all that matters.

PinkFlamingos6
Agreed with ShortFuse ,I added mine. Only because my Boba Maker Gauntlets came with em'. Now the 501st does mention that the switches need to be push based and not toggle switches - which is what Boba Maker sent to me as part of the accessories for his ROTJ Gauntlets.
Gauntlet - Parts.jpg

Here is what the 501st says as of this writing.....
1641087071945.png

If I'm not mistaken these are the switches that the 501st is talking about for the Right Gauntlet....
1641087321468.png

Just sitting here talking about this made me wanna pick two up for myself. I'll shoot you a PM of where I just got mine.

Cheers,
-Iron

Just finished up sewing up my cape. I made it out of an olive drab canvas material from hobby lobby. Measures 36"x30" before weathering. I'm 5'8" (the perfect Fett height lol) and it sits where I want it to. Just wanted your thoughts and opinions before I start weathering. Was also wondering how you finished the back side off to get rid of the ugly edges?
20220102_102859.jpg

20220102_102928.jpg

Went back and double hemmed my cape and started weathering it. Pretty happy for now, just need to wait for some sunny weather to sun bleach and add some soot.
20220103_142552.jpg

Was also able to get some work done on the left gauntlet. My biggest challenge so far was the flamethrower box.
20220103_142626.jpg

After talking with MinuteFett on Instagram I was able to get everything put together. Ended up using magnets to hold the bottom plate on so I can add electronics later on.
20220103_142644.jpg

20220103_142659.jpg

Now all I gotta do is add some paint and wait for some parts from MCR and QDC.

Mini update:
Since I'm home alone in quarantine I thought why not play some dress up? Excuse the baggy PJ pants as I don't have my flightsuit yet but I wanted to try my knee armor and boots together. Right now the knees are only held on by the white elastic strap and I plan on having them velcro to the suit once I get it. My questions are how tight should the white strap be against the flightsuit and where exactly should the sit on the wearer? I also realized I need to paint the back of the knees yellow as well lol
20220106_095319.jpg

20220106_095524.jpg

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back