One last wafer thin ESB paint job...

Ill be honest i didnt really think the stell wool was a good idea,
Then i tryed it ,(well scotch brite green pad any way) and it makes a really nice difrentce ,
Thanx TF

hey jint, if youre looking for actual fine steel wool in australia, i always get into my old mans supply, but i did see pretty decent sized bags of it the other day in a super cheap auto for about $10. im sure you may have it sussed already, but incase you dont, itll likely work even better than the scotch brite - been working a treat for me on both my gaunts and helmet. all the best brother..

Thanx JV , but yeah the scotch was what i had on the table at the time, (ive actually got some steel wool in there but --some were)

Sounds good, I've never tried scotchbrite, I know the 0000 wire wool is very fine and will polish and deepen the colour, I always use it on each layer when the paint has fully dried...

You need to compile together all the images of the process into one shorter pdf or something with notes in it from questions asked. This way people who want to print off or work from a guide without all the conversation of the forum, they can :)

I've written down all the steps, along with the other advice and small-talk that has to do with the paint, and plan to print them out. This will be my first try at airbrushing, so I'm a little nervous... But with your detailed step-by-step and pics to go with it, I am a little more confident that I can manage a decent result. So thank you so much for this thread! You rock :D

So, TF you still willing to do another ESB paint up...in the coming months perhaps? Im seriously considering buying a new bucket. FP or GMH perhaps..and honestly your paintjobs are the best in my book. I want the metal ears as well so i dunno if those fit on the FP premium helmet.

TF just...

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

that is freaking AMAZING work bro. I would love for you to do a paint job on my helmet.Totally awesome workmanship and alot of pride in that paint job. That's one lucky fellow to have the honors of you to do that for him.

Amazing job, just started my first bucket paint job, I'm following your steps but using spray cans, so is kind of a hybrid, one question, steel wool is the one you use to scrub dishes? or in which department of a store can I find it??...thanks again for your hard and talented work, but specially for sharing it with all the Fett community

Look for the steel wool in the paint or hardware section. The steel wool is graded with 0, 00, 000, 0000 the more "0" the finer grain it is. The steel wool in the paint or hardware section won't have any detergent or chemicals added to them.

Awesome paint job. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread. It's nice to have such a detailed description ESP for someone new like myself. It really makes you appreciate all the hardwork that is put into bringing different aspects of the costume together.

:lol: No Dave, i'm in the shot, i'm just submerged...it's a long time since i made six ladies smile at once...:lol:
By the way, glad to see your favoured attire is making a come back!

Also not sure if TF still reads this thread but this made me laugh harder than anything else I have read in the forum thus far :)

Spot on Katzybugz, this was always my very favorite thread, and used it almost like a Bible for my ESB paint up. Garrett is indeed a champ!

What an amazing process to painting up the classic ESB paint job! I think that is just spot on! I love seeing this kinda of stuff come to life...

Also not sure if TF still reads this thread but this made me laugh harder than anything else I have read in the forum thus far :)

TF frantically ironing his speedos...;)

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back