New Target Boba Fett helmet released

So given my earlier size question --too big for a child, and with two budget builds in mind (adult Jango and child Boba), how crazy would it be to take this helmet and paint/mod it into an adult Jango? Any thoughts? I'm aware of the accuracy issues but this will be a fun/holiday deal not a trooper deal (at this point), along with the corresponding budget considerations.

I've actually tried it on and I've got a considerable sized melon. 7-3/4 pro cap size.
The helmet is actually a good size and if you repaint, add a new visor and rangefinder stalk, you might be in business.
It's also hard plastic, not rubber, and all of the connecting seems are hidden.
For $30? Get a few. I found one for $20 because it was missing the box
I have an image of it next to a Kylo Ren bucket (which is large as well) on my Instagram page: https://instagram.com/lou_zabala/

lids.jpg

So given my earlier size question --too big for a child, and with two budget builds in mind (adult Jango and child Boba), how crazy would it be to take this helmet and paint/mod it into an adult Jango? Any thoughts? I'm aware of the accuracy issues but this will be a fun/holiday deal not a trooper deal (at this point), along with the corresponding budget considerations.
Go for it.

The Target near me had quite a few available. I'll try to get a few more if anyone is interested in them and cant get one. I picked one up and since I'm new to this, i was going to ask if it's any good, but it seems that with a few changes it is.

Update! I have 2 more helmets if anyone wants them and can't get them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found one of these by accident in Target on "Force Friday". It was the last fett helmet and for 30 bucks I didn't hesitate to grab it. Currently painting it up in a custom color scheme (I don't reall care for screen accuracy in terms of paint job), but I was wondering what you guys would reccomend for reinforcing it. The first thing I noticed was that yeah it's pretty flimsy.

It's a little large length wise, turning my head makes it bump my shoulders, looking up and it shifts when it hits my back, looking down it shifts when it hits my chest. I am in the market for a better more fitted one.

Also, what would you guys reccomend for tinting the visor? I don't want a dark tint, I'd prefer a reflective tint almost like a mirror.

I'm still waiting for a reply from target.
I realy don't have "a new hope" that they will ship to Germany. There is no chance to get an account on the side with a german adress, or finish an order.
@Braunasaurus: I Would like to buy on from you. Do you ship to Germany? ; -)
USPS is always the best and cheapest, for overseas shipping. :)))))
Send PM if.

To all the Members from Germany:
I will call and contact Toys 'r us Germany next week. If they see a chance, to get these helmets. Or plan to offer them soon.
You will find my results here.

To all the people outside the US - I am in Canada and use "reship.com". It will ship things bought in the US online from stores who only ship with the USA. They give you a physical American address that you ship your stuff too and then they re-mail it to your actual address outside the US. They are quick but on the expensive side (slightly more than the cost USPS or UPS would charge and they tack on a $5 F.U. fee for fun.) but if you want it bad enough, it works.
I got my target helmet mailed to me and it cost $49 plus the $5 to ship to me. As Target didn't charge shipping, I can live with that.

Hey folks, just wanted to share this here as well. Slowly but surely getting there with this repaint. Again. just for fun, not accuracy. :)

The ear cap was actually freshly painted, and still had the masking fluid on it. Once it dries I'll remove it and weather it down to the rest of the helmet. The visor was sprayed black from the inside because this will be solely for display.. too fat to troop as Boba! :lol: It was then reinforced with some AB resin slush cast inside, and then the painting began.

Without further ado:

Last edited:
Picked one up locally tonight. I guess stock was too low to order online and pick up in store. They did have to get it from the back. I know nothing about international shipping but I wouldn't mind buying and shipping one if someone was interested, assuming availability.

First impression, seems awful large to me but I have literally nothing to go on. Also quite flimsy, as has been noted. On to research correcting the visor, beefing it up, painting, and conversion to Jango. Any leads on a youth Boba still appreciated...

Just received mine today, Man does it need a proper paint job !!! :facepalm :lol: and not to mention the short stalk and see thru visor. Other than that it ain't that bad. for what its worth

Now it's official. No overseas shipping from Target. Here's the answer:

....... Thanks for asking about international shipping for*merchandise on Target.com.
Target.com doesn’t ship to international addresses at this time. Purchases made online can be shipped to the United States, Puerto Rico........

MrMoldMaker: great job!!!

To all the Members from Germany:
I will call and contact Toys 'r us Germany next week. If they see a chance, to get these helmets. Or plan to offer them soon.
You will find my results here.
If I recall correctly, it is a Target exclusive.

Sent from my SM-G900P

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back