Just how inaccurate is this helmet?

Picked this 3D printed helmet up from Etsy, relatively cheap for a practice run ahead of my Bobamaker ESB lid on order.

I’m just wondering if someone who knows what to look for can tell me how inaccurate this one is? I’m sure it’s not right but I’m curious how much.

I know Raf’s templates need some re-scaling regardless of what helmet you have but I had to stretch, warp, scale and more to get them to fit.

Anyway - the photos are after the base coat of 147, from before I started the main painting, please feel free to point out all the bad stuff! (Physical damage was added by me)

FA0E8B3F-B47C-4BA4-BF9C-F80765E583B6.jpeg

2A9F25A9-2080-4F68-967D-4DE32F6B429A.jpeg

07BD1806-9358-440B-88A7-C1A4008446F9.jpeg

85E0B6B4-9B3A-4E5A-B689-E0CD1897D4CF.jpeg

Here’s some more photos of where I’m currently up to:

4376C25E-E884-4B06-86CF-4CBE00AA9850.jpeg

Just looking at the print I'll chime in about the accuracy compared to the hero helmet.

1) Overall shape is off. This helmet looks more like a realization of a clone wars style Mandalorian helmet especially where the mandibles pinch and appear sharp instead of evened out if that makes sense.
2) The Dent is too large and the helmet is missing accurate physical damage and the bow in the visor area. Some areas in the print like details behind the ears are soft.
3) The ears aren't separate pieces like they are on the hero.

Just looking at the print I'll chime in about the accuracy compared to the hero helmet.

1) Overall shape is off. This helmet looks more like a realization of a clone wars style Mandalorian helmet especially where the mandibles pinch and appear sharp instead of evened out if that makes sense.
2) The Dent is too large and the helmet is missing accurate physical damage and the bow in the visor area. Some areas in the print like details behind the ears are soft.
3) The ears aren't separate pieces like they are on the hero.

Just to say, the ears are separate pieces - I just have them bolted on in the photos.

Appreciate you chiming in though! I agree it looks like more of a generic Mandalorian helmet than a BF

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back