Idea for the US Divers Buckle

Coyote850

Active Hunter
I don't know if its ever been discussed or looked into, but heres my idea. Us detail freaks are all looking for the U.S. Divers KAM "EZ" pack harness buckle. So the idea is: Why don't we find a company that can make a accurate copy of the buckle and have some made? We would need to have a decent amount made to keep the price down. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
makes sense. one of the silliest things i've done in this whole project is getting that buckle then putting foil tape over the top to cover the much coveted logo that i was hunting for ;)

This might be a good idea but the biggest issue will be price, especially considering the buckles (well, the whole packs) can be bought on eBay for about $15. I think it will be tough to beat that price for a custom made metal piece. Still, it never hurts to look!

I was toying with the idea to have a bunch made up at the machine shop I work at.

I managed to score the real US divers belt off ebay for about $20 so I could make a pretty good copy of it.

But - the cost of getting the material, working it, and finding the time on the machines goes beyond the $20 limit.

Perhaps when things slow down a bit in my life/work, I might be able to craft up some.

The hardest thing now at this point is to find the same type of material that the buckle is made out of. Same thickness and durability.

If I can - I will make a post and get a sign up sheet going.

(don't PM now - no advance orders LOL)

I would figure it'd cost at least $50 or more to do a limited run of the buckles... Like Braks mentioned, you can get them on Ebay for much cheaper than that... in the past 4-5 months I've picked up 4 of them. Paid between $10-$22 each.

PLEASE tell me that hasn't happened...

It happened... :facepalm

I was watching one to bid on. I was not part of the bidding war. The last couple of minutes the price shot to $70. :p

Needless to say, I waited for another auction and got mine for pretty cheap. :)

I found some buckles last night online that are so close that it would be hard to discern too many differences. The prices were *cheap* I don't have the link saved on my work comp but I saved it last night at home. I'll post a link later this evening. I felt it was a good find. One of those obscure scuba shops.

Actually, I found it...

Here it is...
3665e110.gif

Granted, it has a piece that comes off the main buckle but I figured that could be modded. Also the insignia could be sanded down so it was completely smooth. Just a thought if one could not find a US Diver Aqua pack with the buckle.

Last edited by a moderator:
It happened... :facepalm

I was watching one to bid on. I was not part of the bidding war. The last couple of minutes the price shot to $70. :p

Needless to say, I waited for another auction and got mine for pretty cheap. :)

Two days ago an EZ pak ended at $115. Sick I tell ya, Sick!!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back