Discovery: new found part identified

Ord Mantell

Well-Known Hunter
For a very long time the source of the chin cup and chin straps in the ILM Fett helmets have been unknown. Yes, we've known what the chin cup looks like and many have been found, but the actual source for the originals in the ILM helmets has not been known... until now.

The source of the chin straps and chin cups have been discovered by JojoFett95. It took a lot of work. It started in early 2021 when JojoFett95 found a motorcycle helmet with straps which I thought looked amazing. I helped him identify the unknown helmet and that sent us down the rabbit hole of looking at virtually every helmet ever made by the Everoak company. I found a helmet with nearly identical straps as the Fett helmets, but it was missing a few critical components. It didn't all add up quite yet. Jojo continued the research and interviewed Bill Vero, the grandson of the founder of Everoak. This led to a discovery of an unknown Everoak product which we have since confirmed with high confidence is the source of both the straps and chin cup in all the Fett helmets: The Everoak Fully Detachable Harness with Chin Cup.

1.jpg
Untitled.jpg

I've posted more in my build thread: Ord Mantell's ESB build

Last edited:
This is an excellent discovery after you two did a huge amount of research.

I know you've a stack of helmets you've acquired to research this part. Many hundreds of shekels in old junk spent money on trying to work this one out.

Thank-you both for spending the time and money so we don't have to.

I know you've covered it in your build thread, but maybe you could edit post one here so everyone understands what has been accomplished here.

Wonderful

Last edited:
I know you've covered it in your build thread, but maybe you could edit post one here so everyone understands what has been accomplished here.
Good point. First post has been edited with more info. Many thanks for the kind words... and your role in the research cannot be overstated. Thank you for all your help searching for these!

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back