helpful de fogger.

albertabeeffett

New Hunter
so i was experimenting with a couple of household thingies to stop my visor from fogging up when i stumbled upon it. basic bar soap and candle wax mixed into a 3 to 1 kinda polish works perfectly. the only problem is that it does need to be applied just about every use.(y) or(n)

hope y'all enjoy.

I use to be a swimmer before a spinal injury terminated all of that ... so I've had similar problems with fogging goggle lenses. If you ever go to a swim shop, buy some swim goggle anti-fogging solution. I use that on my Vader lenses and Fett visor, and it REALLY works! Well, unless you start doing some rigorous physical activity with the mask on!:lol:

Motorcycle helmet visor defogger works GREAT! Find it at any motorcycle shop. Pick up a motorcycle while your at it!;)

TK3130 said:
I used Rain-X on my trooper helmet. Put it on once and it hasn't fogged up since.
Yes, that works too. Did it have any negitive effect on the plastic, like dulling or blurring?

pennywise said:
Yes, that works too. Did it have any negitive effect on the plastic, like dulling or blurring?

I would be concerned about Rain-X leaving a sort-of haze (residue) on the visor. That didn't happen?

It was on a Stormtrooper helmet with the dark lenses. You can't see out of them anyway. :lol: It didn't seem to have any residue. You could always test it first. If it doesn't work, use it on your winshield. :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back