Gauntlets colours ROTJ?

Han shot first

New Hunter
Greetings from Jersey (old Jersey, not new Jersey!). My new gauntlets have arrived from Boba Maker (stunning, so much better than my old ones). I am hoping someone has some info on the RAL colours/codes that I need to finish them off? Any help will be greatfully recieved gentlemen. Cheers, Mick.

Attachments

• gauntlets.jpg
    gauntlets.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 354
Hi there.
I have Pantone swatch books and a RAL K7. Closest match I had to PMS 491c is RAL 3004.

They are not an exact match but the closest I have seen in the 2 colour ranges.

Archive-X Tuscan is a good burgundy colour. I’ve used it on a couple of sets.

Here’s Tuscan on RS and MOW gauntlets. My phone camera does not photograph colours consistently.

Attachments

• 0BCBEC68-F550-4B15-9E53-283D6C09C7DE.jpeg
    0BCBEC68-F550-4B15-9E53-283D6C09C7DE.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 284
  • 82098AEE-57CE-4D35-820B-64048FDE8395.jpeg
    82098AEE-57CE-4D35-820B-64048FDE8395.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,118
I think some people use humbrol no 73 for the gauntlets
Hi there.
I have Pantone swatch books and a RAL K7. Closest match I had to PMS 491c is RAL 3004.

They are not an exact match but the closest I have seen in the 2 colour ranges.
Archive-X Tuscan is a good burgundy colour. I’ve used it on a couple of sets.

Here’s Tuscan on RS and MOW gauntlets. My phone camera does not photograph colours consistently.

Thank you gentlemen that is perfect info I can get all of those here in Jersey. Best wishes, Mick ;-)

Hey Han shot first ,how is the size of the BM gauntlets? I have an old set made of resin and these are quitte oversized in my oppinion.
Hey Jango, I don't have them here at the moment or I would have put them next to my old ones for comparison (they are at one of my staff members house as he is a wicked air-brush expert and will do a much better job at spraying them than me). They are bigger than my old ones but in my opinion they look amazing. Here is a picture of me wity them on when they arrived, they look massive in the picture but I think they are perfect.

Attachments

• gauntlet size.jpg
    gauntlet size.jpg
    856.4 KB · Views: 215
View attachment 196075These are mine. There ok. But to me the tight gauntlet with the hoses is a lil big in my oppinion.
Jango mate I think those are the old the set I have. I do't think they look too big on you, they were quite big in the film on Boba eh. It is hard to see exactly what yours are like and how they sit on your arm so i am sure if you think they are too big then maybe they are..... here is a pic of me where you can see mine on my (the same set you have.

Attachments

• powerhouse.jpg
    powerhouse.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 218
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back