Galaxies Edge BOBF Boba suit pictures...

Rook 3

Jr Hunter
First off, these are mostly screen caps taken from a youtube video published by DAPSMagic on youtube.

The suit... actually looks pretty decent. It's a mix of parts from different suits. The helmet does not have the correct, stepped rangefinder stalk. The left gauntlet has the longer "flame thrower" section seen on the S2 Mando suit, but it does appear to have the correct rocket design. The chest armor might be vaccuformed as the edges appear to be rounded over rather than a flat piece attached to a foam under layer. There's also a crease or fold in the bottom of the right chest plate. The left chest display was lit up and animated. Only 1 shoulder key stud per side instead of two.

The rocket pack looks pretty decent with lots of detail.

Overall, pretty impressive for a park costume in my opinion.

dapsmagic-boba24.JPG
dapsmagic-boba32.JPG

dapsmagic-boba37.JPG
dapsmagic-boba27.JPG

Last edited:
I think they said that Boba and Fennec wouldn't be coming east... because east has the Starcruiser docking platform. Something about not needing the presence of a Daimyo there with all the First Order troopers protecting the place. ;)

Thanks for the pics. I keep the fingers crossed that he will also come the the eastern part of Batuu... ;)

I noticed the helmet has a bit of texture to it. Would anyone know how I could get that effect? My guess is textured paint but was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

You could layer. After your base/primer coat is on, do a couple lighter passes from a greater distance. The aim is to put a light, not even coat down. What this sometimes does is creates a pilling effect where drops of paint get on the surface partially dried. Then clear coat over that. I'd try it on a piece of scrap first, before messing up your helmet/armor. :)

Those who attended Celebration or D23 and got good looks at the costume, are the shoulder bells and gauntlets textured like the helmet and rocket pack/armor are?

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back