Finished! Bobamaker jet pack ROTJ se paint up WIP

Dear Captain Awesome,

I am going to swap jet packs with you when you are not looking.

I probably should not have posted that.

Hugs and kisses,

Matty PP

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Captain Awesome,

I am going to swap jet packs with you when you are not looking.

I probably should not have posted that.

Hugs and kisses,

Matty PP

Lmao! Whatever. You'll have to fight me for it

Sent from my iPhone

That thing is really looking good. The ONLY thing that looks better about the ROTJ over the ESB is the level of wear and tear on the jetpack. Nailing that beat up look already.

So, finally found time to mask and paint the yellow sections of the Jet Pack. Bit of a pain with the tape to mask off the other sections, but essential. Used a new 'clear' colour with great results. Much more controllable to adjust the shade of the yellow by over spraying/ shading. Also included the 'Plug' and 'Pot' hand drawn pencil details. The yellow has had a subtle shading layer, i will reserve the final shading/ splatters until all the colours are on, this will help to blend the hard edges and bring the over all colour scheme together...

DSCF0001_194.JPG

DSCF0005_151.JPG

Awesome work!!!!
Any updates? I think I'm gonna follow this thread for my jetpack paintup........subscribed

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any links to the greeblies used at the bottom/underside of the jetpack?

Yes, well over due an update!
Managed to mask off the final sections on the JP body ready for the first layers, but decided to move onto the thrusters for a bit of a change. So here is the left thruster layered with white, silver and off white shades with greys and lots of little colour details including a random finger print...
Shortly i will be adding a colour list to my first post...

DSCF0003_173.JPG

DSCF0011_70.JPG

Umm....can someone say most accurate and awesome Jetpack paint up ....ever?

Sent from my iPhone

That is truly uncanny. Here I am just sitting at work staring at a picture of a replica jetpack thruster because it looks like you stole the original and are claiming it as your own.

Omg I thought everyone was over exaggerating you at first then I saw that pack, you blew my mind never have I seen your work before!

Are we looking at the real thing?...... Plucked right out of the museum display & put on your desk?
again astounded at the level of detail on such a little peice!!
hommage to the master.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back