Fett Helmet History

Will do!
The light green paint is just there. Just like all the other details a part of the paintjob.

Edit: i looked at it again and its a vibrant turqouise green.
20200410_111955.jpg

Edit: I added them to the Media section.

Last edited:
Because the ear platforms are not the same on some of the production helmets. They don't seem to sit in the same positions and are not identical underneath.

We know what the underneath of the Sandy and ESB helmets look like and they are different. I would have thought they would be the same if they were all cast on as part of a common process.
What makes you think that?

Very interesting. So, basically the Supertrooper helmets could have been cast without the ear platforms and then they were later added. However the ear platforms are not identical. Do we know for sure if all of the helmets’ ears were in fact identical?

Very interesting. So, basically the Supertrooper helmets could have been cast without the ear platforms and then they were later added. However the ear platforms are not identical. Do we know for sure if all of the helmets’ ears were in fact identical?

Well, obviously I'm making some assumptions but, consider this:

There's a gap between the top of the ESB left ear and the top of the red orbital band. It looks like it's about 2mm or so and you can clearly see the red in between the top of the green ear and the green of the dome.
With the PP2 the left ear meets the top of the orbital band - no trim visible and we've sufficient material in casts to know that this ear platform on the PP2 also meets the top of the band. You can see the same thing in the PP3. You get the idea.

Because it's badly damaged we have reference of what the left ear platforms of the Sandy looks like. There are several patches of missing material on the ear platform that are quite large. To me they look like what happens with unevenly applied filler; same thing happened to me when I used filler to make ear platforms.
We also know what the same ear platform looks like underneath on the ESB due to the efx stuff. Whilst some material appears to be missing, it is not the same as the Sandy missing material.
You can see similar types of missing patches on the lower RF side of the ESB ear platform. I don't have reference for the Sandy on that side.
I suspect the upper RF platform is universally cast on all six helmets but that the other platforms may have been added after, to some degree, on all of the helmets with some sort of filler type substance, probably the same type of filler that sits behind the dents.

Link on page 1 to the larger pic of the history chart doesn't work for me. I'd like to see the larger pic so I can read it please. Thanks. (y)

Alright, looking for help cleaning up the PP2 story in the History of the Boba Fett Helmets book I am working on. Please correct and add to the story/dates/etc.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 2.04.19 PM.png

I sent these pics of my LM helmet to boba87fett,I added the stalk,rf top and ear.I hope you like them.

Attachments

• _FMM7937.jpg
    _FMM7937.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 362
  • _FMM7941.jpg
    _FMM7941.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 371
  • _FMM7944.jpg
    _FMM7944.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 316
  • _FMM7951.jpg
    _FMM7951.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 322
  • _FMM7957.jpg
    _FMM7957.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 296
  • _FMM7960.jpg
    _FMM7960.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 299
  • _FMM7963.jpg
    _FMM7963.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 369
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back