Deathwatch Westar35 Sidearm (Identified Base)

Any updates on this project and if the files are available? I can’t wait. Awesome work so far!
My own project has been frozen since I ordered from crownairsoft and they shipped from China, never got through customs and they wouldn’t respond to email or phone call, it took a month to get a refund through PayPal, so I’ll order my gun through Evike like I should’ve from the start.

But this project looks spectacular thus far!!!

Nothing yet the week I said I would be getting the time to work on them, we had one person quit and another got fired, so I'm the only sys-admin atm, so been crazy busy, but hired a new guy to start on monday and hope I can get the time.

Hey, Gil. :) I know all too well how Darth Real Life™ can deal one a thorough bollicking, so this is in no way an impatient poke. I wanted to give you a few more months since the last word on the matter this past Spring to see if you'd had a chance to make any further progress, and if you had any plans to do any further industrial-design work on the "fantasy" portion of the blaster. Multipart 3D models can make for something that looks more real and assembled, and also makes lighting easier (there's one shot of what I presume to be the Hero blaster with what can only be an LED indicator on the slide). And designing the bottom of the replacement upper to engage with the slide mechanism of the receiver opens up lots of superdetailing options.

I know that would put more on your already overflowing plate, but yours is still the best model of the fictional elements I've seen so far, and my desire to make my props "more accurate than the film version" to stand up to up-close scrutiny at events means I want to see yours become the go-to high-end 3D model for this thing. Hope you can get back to it soon.

thanks! but I am in no way making this to be functional with lights or slide motions. This will literally just be for a solid blocked model for printing purposes. Now if anyone wants to take my model and make it do such further, by all means go ahead.

However, with that said, I did finally get a reprieve from the daunting workload I had from my day job, and will be finishing this one out rather soon, just need to do some final details on it all.

Soo....uhh... I also realized that my modeling skills have far improved even since last spring. Which... I just finished it... so... let me throw it up on one of the modeling sites friends!

and, since I know the lot of you will just have one person buy it and then distribute it... here ya go... but NO PRODUCTION RIGHTS... no one here or anywhere gets to print this, mold it, and start selling it. No way... nope nope nope... this is free for everyone.

I am not averse to some elbow grease. I hollowed out relevant areas in the housing of Germaine's stellar First Order SE-44C to make room for a bead tilt switch and battery compartment (battery held in with the rear block when it's screwed in place), and perma-mounted the sight rail to the housing so the wiring for the LED could just hook up direct instead of trying to fiddle a spring-connection. Now the LED is off while the blaster is riding on the thigh bracket, but comes on as it gets brought up to level.

I've been practicing field-stripping my Armorer Works airsoft pistol, so as long as your upper fits reasonably well over the stripped grip/trigger frame, I can do whatever precision butchery I need to inside to get the desired result. Heck, I'm making a partial-duplicate magazine (as tibanna gas cartridge) with a base-plate to blank off the bottom of the grip. Going to ludicrous extents for my costumes has never daunted me. :) Looking forward to studying your model(s) and planning my approach...

ETA: Ooo... The season one version. Some reason I thought this was the season two version you posted early work on on the previous page. I like that one, too, and am totally going to do one, but it's the S2 I'm needing most right now. Were you going to make and sell those yourself?

Last edited:
I am not averse to some elbow grease. I hollowed out relevant areas in the housing of Germaine's stellar First Order SE-44C to make room for a bead tilt switch and battery compartment (battery held in with the rear block when it's screwed in place), and perma-mounted the sight rail to the housing so the wiring for the LED could just hook up direct instead of trying to fiddle a spring-connection. Now the LED is off while the blaster is riding on the thigh bracket, but comes on as it gets brought up to level.

I've been practicing field-stripping my Armorer Works airsoft pistol, so as long as your upper fits reasonably well over the stripped grip/trigger frame, I can do whatever precision butchery I need to inside to get the desired result. Heck, I'm making a partial-duplicate magazine (as tibanna gas cartridge) with a base-plate to blank off the bottom of the grip. Going to ludicrous extents for my costumes has never daunted me. :) Looking forward to studying your model(s) and planning my approach...

ETA: Ooo... The season one version. Some reason I thought this was the season two version you posted early work on on the previous page. I like that one, too, and am totally going to do one, but it's the S2 I'm needing most right now. Were you going to make and sell those yourself?

...as for Season 2, I'm not really putting a lot of effort further into that at the moment, as I will have a lot to finish on it (friend who made that initial model had some sizing issues on it, so I would be modeling it from scratch and I have too many projects ahead of it)

so do you noticed that the deathwatch lumbar back cover is quite different?????? has a border

Which one are you talking of, and what is a lumbar back cover?

...as for Season 2, I'm not really putting a lot of effort further into that at the moment, as I will have a lot to finish on it (friend who made that initial model had some sizing issues on it, so I would be modeling it from scratch and I have too many projects ahead of it)
Ahh... Take the time you need. And let me know if I can assist in any way (though I'm not sure how). I presume you have one of the base pistols to reference.

Which one are you talking of, and what is a lumbar back cover?
yes.theDeathWatch Season 1lumbar back cover
Lumbar back cover1.jpg

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back