Brokk's Pre-Pro 2 Build (WiP)

The paint on the pre pro 2 almost seems like they sneezed on it with an airbrush and called it done

Yeah the air brush or dry brushing definitely seems like the better all around option - safer for you and your flight suit in the long run and hahahaha it definitely looks that way for sure. From what I have read, that honestly kind of sounds like how Joe Johnston painted it. He just kept throwing paint at it until he found something that he liked ha

Love your build!
You've inspired me to come out of semi-retirement!
Glad to hear I inspired you to come back!
This is the build currently, most of it is on a mannequin (it has long neck so it looks kinda odd).

Flight suit blue may also look a bit off.
20201218_014651.jpg

---
Jetpack & Sling gun

Pack is done, as well as the sling gun, painted by the talented Fett 4 Real. More pictures of specific details when they arrive.
received_397859201540240.jpeg

20201218_015542.jpg

To be continued...

Thanks for sharing.
I’ll put up some pics of mine tomorrow.
Left everything for over a year. Then maybe two to three years prior to that. I had made boots (still have ‘em) that I was going to offer here but MOW came out with his at a price point I couldn’t complete with so I pulled out. We eventually molded them on my feet which is what you see on the Sideshow life-sized figure. That jumpsuit is mine too..originally for my PP2 but ended up being donated for the cause and modified by for the prototype of the figure.
At that point I put everything on hold and moved on to other projects.
But now, I’m reinvigorated!

Thanks for sharing.
I’ll put up some pics of mine tomorrow.
Left everything for over a year. Then maybe two to three years prior to that. I had made boots (still have ‘em) that I was going to offer here but MOW came out with his at a price point I couldn’t complete with so I pulled out. We eventually molded them on my feet which is what you see on the Sideshow life-sized figure. That jumpsuit is mine too..originally for my PP2 but ended up being donated for the cause and modified by for the prototype of the figure.
At that point I put everything on hold and moved on to other projects.
But now, I’m reinvigorated!

Looking forward to seeing another PrePro 2 in the mix, they're few and far between. You should totally make your own build thread to log the progress- it's cool looking back on old posts in here seeing how far it has come.

Helmet revisited:

Revisited the helmet for some touch ups, mainly added more of the fine silver dotting were I could make them out on the reference photos. The big area that was missing was the collection of dotting behind the right ear on the dome. It stands out really well do to how it has a pretty flat top to the detail. Rest of the dotting was on the face and cheek areas.
20201222_160908.jpg
20201222_160026.jpg
20201222_160647.jpg
20201222_160820.jpg

Left gauntlet/flamer
Attached the mountings to the gauntlet, while not entirely accurate, it's still beautiful. Mainly wanted to see how my metal flamer body design held up while independently mounted to the gauntlet itself. In the photos, all the attachments are held on by tension.

20201224_144115.jpg
20201224_144041.jpg
20201224_144146.jpg
Follow me on instagram for more @fett_eastwood

To be continued...

Still awaiting USPS to deliver on the pack & sling gun due to the holiday rush. Racks my nerves that $1500 of my money is floating out there, but what can you do?

Left Gauntlet

This was a pain getting this thing to be wearable; but it's somewhat wearable now. It's heavy... Wasted Fett please make a ABS PrePro #2 gauntlet kit? :love:

Weathered the coil in accordance to the reference.

**NOTE: I forgot to flip images lol
DSC03287.JPG
DSC03289.JPG

To be continued...

Last edited:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Hoping this year, this build will be completed & a new CRL published.

Jetpack & Sling Gun

They're finally home form Fett 4 Real - absolutely beautiful work here. Looks like it flew right out of the Kenner photos. Thank you Dom for your patience & attention to detail

DSC03339.JPG

-------------------------------------------------
The sling gun:
-Kaiser stock and handle (orange trigger variant)
-Original strap
-Hand telescope barrel
-REAL Sec-o-mat arrow in the receiver
-Under barrel greeblies handworked to be as close as possible

DSC03343.JPG
DSC03353.JPG
DSC03356.JPG
DSC03357.JPG
DSC03360.JPG

The jet pack looks simular to the RoTJ paint wise. But the PP-2 has some slightly different physical details. Again, jetpack is a Bobamaker body.

- PP-2 accurate warhead design w/ thicker base ring & reflective tape warhead.

- The overall profile of the neck of the warhead is a lot slimmer than the other packs.
**To achieve these alterations, the original warhead was cut of & a new one modeled & retro fitted to accommodate the attachment method.

- Black bands on the side tanks are offset go give illusion that they're removable.

Screenshot_20210101-044101_Drive.jpgScreenshot_20210101-044149_Drive.jpg

DSC03327.JPG

DSC03349.JPG
DSC03351.JPG

Going to wait till the armor is back to start fitting the pack to the harness.

To be continued...

Last edited:
Hope all is well & in good health.

Somethings to report:

Vest & neck seal

The vest and neck seal have recieved an upgraded to a new material that matches the weave of the Kenner model perfectly. You can pick one up for yourself on the BHG forums under Thiggette's for sale thread under For Sale/Trade

20210320_135102.jpg

ARMOR

It's getting there, but jbdubz is slaying it. Heres a tease:
IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1716.jpg
IMG_1771.jpg

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back