Boba Fett ROTJ Helmet

B0B4F3TT

Hunter
Im not sure if im posting this in the correct place, forgive me if im not. I'm looking for somebody to please point me in the direction of a good quality helmet. Im after another one and know ive missed the boat on FP and DP versions but i was hoping you guys could help me out. Im trying to stay clear of Etsy, Ebay, Black Series, Efx and thats all i can seem to find for sale. Unpainted preferably. Thanks in advance.

Hi ya B0B4F3TT
Here is a lengthy review on my very positive experience with Boba Maker!
Last summer I got myself a Boba Maker ROTJ VX Helmet (Unpainted) and it is amazing! Boba Maker's helmets are fiberglass (NOT 3D Printed) They are a little bit spendy but totally worth it in my opinion!
Boba Maker VX Helmet.jpg

Boba Maker's Helmets and Armor also very reputable and well known amongst "The Dented Helmet" community. If need be Boba Maker ("Daz", that's his name) also offers painted commissions for his helmets and armor. Also, take into consideration that the wait times are long. I actually ordered a Boba Maker V4 Helmet back in January of 2020, and was quoted a shipping time of June 2020. When it was shipped to me it had a crack in it.
:oops: o_O

Boba Maker Helmet - Damaged.jpg

I contacted Boba Maker and he was quick to answer and very communicative during the whole process. He first offered to have the fiberglass repaired locally at a fiberglass repair shop of my choosing. I declined that offer and I had requested to have a new Helmet re-casted and expedited to me. He had NO issues in doing this, but did say it would take a month to complete. I agreed, as I wasn't in a huge rush. A week later he asked if I wanted his brand new variant called "VX" (Instead of the "V4" variant). He updates his Helmets every couple years or so. (e.g. V2, V3, V4, VX, etc.) ALL of which are ROTJ Helmets but as they find, newer and newer things in this crazy Fett-World, these updates are made! New to the VX Helmet are the scratches & nicks that you finds on the helmet, In addition, he made it incredibly easy to mount the visor! But after another month of waiting I had the newly casted VX helmet!
BM VX Kit.jpg

BM VX Pic 1.jpg

BM VX Pic 2.jpg

BM VX Pic 3.jpg

BM VX Pic 4.jpg

BM VX Pic 5.jpg

BM VX Pic 6.jpg

BM VX Pic 7.jpg

BM VX Pic 8.jpg

Again, a Boba Maker Helmet is pretty spendy. but here are those advantages in my opinion:
1) It is complete! You get a visor, metal stalk, range finder, borden connector and all hardware to put it together! (Even though I upgraded my Borden Connector for a metal one) Saves time hunting for those extra parts/pieces.
2) It comes fully primed and ready to paint out of the box. (No finishing or sanding needed)
3) Boba Maker's customer service is top tier. You too hear many stories of being ghosted by some vendors or not hearing anything for weeks/months. Or if there is an issue, that the vendor doesn't do "The Right Thing" to resolve the issue. This has NOT been my experience with Boba Maker - quite the opposite.

In short, if the budget allows - My vote is for Boba Maker - And that's based on my experiences. My budget also allowed for his entire armor set too and in a few weeks I'll be receiving a Boba Maker Jetpack as well. (I have a 3D printed Jetpack at the moment) But here is a few of my favorite pics sporting my setup.....
Iron as Boba Fett.JPG

But enjoy the journey, I had a blast with it.

Regards,
-Iron

Last edited:
Hi ya B0B4F3TT
Here is a lengthy review on my very positive experience with Boba Maker!
Last summer I got myself a Boba Maker ROTJ VX Helmet (Unpainted) and it is amazing! Boba Maker's helmets are fiberglass (NOT 3D Printed) They are a little bit spendy but totally worth it in my opinion!
View attachment 213801

Boba Maker's Helmets and Armor also very reputable and well known amongst "The Dented Helmet" community. If need be Boba Maker ("Daz", that's his name) also offers painted commissions for his helmets and armor. Also, take into consideration that the wait times are long. I actually ordered a Boba Maker V4 Helmet back in January of 2020, and was quoted a shipping time of June 2020. When it was shipped to me it had a crack in it.
:oops: o_O

View attachment 213802

I contacted Boba Maker and he was quick to answer and very communicative during the whole process. He first offered to have the fiberglass repaired locally at a fiberglass repair shop of my choosing. I declined that offer and I had requested to have a new Helmet re-casted and expedited to me. He had NO issues in doing this, but did say it would take a month to complete. I agreed, as I wasn't in a huge rush. A week later he asked if I wanted his brand new variant called "VX" (Instead of the "V4" variant). He updates his Helmets every couple years or so. (e.g. V2, V3, V4, VX, etc.) ALL of which are ROTJ Helmets but as they find, newer and newer things in this crazy Fett-World, these updates are made! New to the VX Helmet are the scratches & nicks that you finds on the helmet, In addition, he made it incredibly easy to mount the visor! But after another month of waiting I had the newly casted VX helmet!
View attachment 213803
View attachment 213804
View attachment 213805
View attachment 213806
View attachment 213807
View attachment 213808
View attachment 213809
View attachment 213810
View attachment 213811

Again, a Boba Maker Helmet is pretty spendy. but here are those advantages in my opinion:
1) It is complete! You get a visor, metal stalk, range finder, borden connector and all hardware to put it together! (Even though I upgraded my Borden Connector for a metal one) Saves time hunting for those extra parts/pieces.
2) It comes fully primed and ready to paint out of the box. (No finishing or sanding needed)
3) Boba Maker's customer service is top tier. You too hear many stories of being ghosted by some vendors or not hearing anything for weeks/months. Or if there is an issue, that the vendor doesn't do "The Right Thing" to resolve the issue. This has NOT been my experience with Boba Maker - quite the opposite.

In short, if the budget allows - My vote is for Boba Maker - And that's based on my experiences. My budget also allowed for his entire armor set too and in a few weeks I'll be receiving a Boba Maker Jetpack as well. (I have a 3D printined Jetpack at the moment) But here is a few of my favorite pics sporting my setup.....
View attachment 213812

But enjoy the journey, I had a blast with it.

Regards,
-Iron
Wow, that was a comprehensive answer and i appreciate every word. It just so happened i was chatting with daz earlier and he said he could do me one in like oct/nov which is absolutely fine with me. Im just waiting for the invoice then I'll commit and send some cash. Your suit looks fab, mines getting there and ill send u pics when its done. I started off doing an esb build and changed my mind halfway thru so thats why i need another helmet. I have 3d plans for a helmet from galactic armoury but 2 different firms quoted me £500 for a raw finish lol so thats a none starter, but bobamakers are competitively priced so im going that route i think. Im just concerned about fit, i dont have the smallest head, is yours quite roomy or snug, how does it compare to the black series ones for size. Thanks again bro. Much appreciated.

Hi B0B4F3TT
That's kinda funny, I also was originally going to do an ESB too. But for whatever reason, fell in love with the red gauntlets and color variations on the jetpack.

For size, you shouldn't worry about the helmet any. I'm a larger Fett weighing in at 235lbs and standing 6'2" tall. The VX Helmet I have has no issues fitting my large noggin. I have plenty of room and am actually thinking about upgrading it to wireless rangefinder. I will say this.....thee only thing you'll have to find for your helmet is a harness. And for that, I went back to my days I spent in the US Army ('94 to '04) as a Combat Engineer. I opt'd to get a simple PASGT (Personnel Armor System for Ground Troops) specifically the adjustable suspension system.

There was another post on this where a member was asking for a comfortable helmet setup. I chimed in and gave a lengthy reply (like I did here) about it. Take a look at that post!

Here's the link: Most comfortable way to secure a Boba Fett helmet on your head?

Also, I did a full write up on my entire ROTJ journey to date (Still ongoing) it is about 14 pages long and filled with plenty of pictures and heavy descriptions. If you have any questions about that post, or something I didn't cover let me know.

But here is the link to my WIP: Iron's ROTJ WIP

Enjoy!

-Iron

To give you a better idea, I JUST took a cloth tape measure and went around my head just above the eyebrows and it measured at 23" exactly!

Also that guy for the PASGT headstrap.....ended up going that route and later showed he also put it in a Boba Maker VX Helmet. Haha!

Best,
-Iron

I went with Bobamaker pal. I was hoping to get one straight away, thats the reason i was looking about. Bobamaker has a 2 or 3 month waiting list. He seems like the best option for me and i really dont mind waiting so Oct/Nov it is. Thanks for your help and the links

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back