Best quality and accurate ESB and ROTJ Fett helms?

jhfagan

Active Hunter
Hello all, and I put myself at the mercy of the Noob godz for any repetitive questions I may pose..
I just recently got back into the collector game, after having soaked my wallet into Master Replicas lightsaber line when it was running, and recently having picked up the EFX PCS Fett helm, which is amazing, no doubt, but after having researched many threads in here, and discovering much about the real helm that this, and many other authorized licensed pieces all seem to miss, and some independent prop makers on here producing their own, 100% screen accurate and quality build projects, I am not quite certain who is the best current non licensed Fett helm out there?
If there is a thread that covers this already, please direct me there, or if someone can give me a brief synopsis on who's who around here for the best Fett?
Thanks for your time and understanding, and I love this site!
Jim
Including a front shot of my EFX. : )
96833868_260033128710229_5379410881421508608_n.jpg

this would probably be the most accurate

The most popular molds for Boba Fett helmets are the FPH2, a hero version with lineage to ESB hero and the GMH. The FPH2 and hero version can be purchased from a few vendors. GMH can be purchased from Skyfire.

The best painters that take commission in my opinion are: Fett 4 Real superjedi toofastrobot jbdubz to name a few.

Now quality, if that's important to you, is no competition. Wasted Fett's quality control is literally the best in the game. His helmets have no issues being too bulky, they're properly cured (you won't feel tackiness or see finger prints from mold release) and all accessories are sharp and crisp. There is very little need to sand and fill *even* his b-cast pieces. His b-cast helmets are higher quality than what you can get else where.

Last edited:
Finding the paint/scratch scheme templates on here, I was (briefly) considering, would it be worth it to try to enhance the EFX by adding all the remaining missing scratches, scuffs, etc? Otherwise I love the look of the EFX as it is, although I'm not the biggest fan of a hi-end collectible being made of plastic. I would have preferred fiberglass ( which I hear would normally be reserved for the YTB announced EFX Legends series? ).
Plastic makes it better for everyday handling/wearing (that's why I got the Hasbro Black Series), which I may also consider taking a shot at updating the paint job more accurately on that one.
Not a huge loss in investment if I booger it up, but I'm pretty good artistically, so maybe my years in college for fine art will pay off? lol
But finding something accurate made from the ground up from fiberglass and painted correctly would be preferable.

After working on 43 ESB helmet commissions since around 2006, on many different "makes" of helmets, I can readily endorse the Wasted Fett kits (FPH2 and the new "Fugly") as being the top of the heap.
Quality is always consistently excellent, fiberglass work is thin and smooth, resin accessories are sharp, and the kits are comprehensive and include everything required to build the helmet into an amazing looking display piece. If you want to wear it, you just need to add the mounting system of your choice.

Interesting question:

You have several options.

It would seem that the current best options for an ESB helmet are the, now available, recasts of the ESB helmet. Both Wasteland and Minutefett are producing those.

Minutefett has had some Quality issues; there is no doubt about that. These issues appear to have been eagerly promoted by his competitors. Whether these issues are historical or current is hard to discern given the vitriol of the competition.

No such issues have been expressed in terms of Wasteland’s products.

What the exact relation is, of either the Wasteland or Minute product, to the ESB Hero has not been expressed.

The GMH has significant scaling issues i.e. it is too small. This invalidates its potential as a contender.

The FPH2, in my opinion, is a reworking of the GMH, with Master Replicas Keyslots inserted, as well as other alterations. In my view, if you buy this helmet then you will be setting yourself up to buy another in the future – I think it is dreadful.

Some of the earlier contributors to this thread have an existing relationship with Wasteland that affects their partiality.

Minutefett has had some Quality issues; there is no doubt about that. These issues appear to have been eagerly promoted by his competitors. Whether these issues are historical or current is hard to discern given the vitriol of the competition.

No such issues have been expressed in terms of Wasteland’s products.

To touch on a few points

1) Nothing has been “promoted” by competitors, only his paying customers. Telling people to share their stories isn’t misrepresentation. Claiming a product is 1st generation is.
2) Vitriol comes from specific issues unrelated to him purchasing molds from Fett Pride. Which I can share those concerns in PM if necessary.
3) No one here brought MinuteFett up. If any of his paying customers wants to comment on his quality they’re more welcome.
4) Your comment that there’s been no issue with Wasted Fett quality is all that needed to be said to the topic on hand. If anyone isn’t happy with the quality of wastedFett, I welcome them to share that as well.

Last edited:
To touch on a few points

1) Nothing has been “promoted” by competitors, only his paying customers. Telling people to share their stories isn’t misrepresentation but claiming a product is 1st generation when it’s not isn’t?
2) Vitriol comes from specific issues unrelated to him purchasing molds from Fett Pride. Which I can share those concerns in PM if necessary.
3) No one here brought MinuteFett up. If any of his paying customers want to comment his quality they’re more welcome.
4) Your comment that there’s been no issue with Wasted Fett quality is all that needed to be said to the topic on hand. If anyone isn’t happy with the quality of wastedFett I welcome them to share that as well.

I was expecting this, from you:

1). You work with Wasteland and sell Wasteland Product. You have actively sought to highlight the issues of a competitor in the promotion of the person you work with with.
2). I don't need to see your PMs. Refer to answer one.
3). I brought Minute Fett up. In my post. I brought it up because he sells an ESB copy. It is relevant.
4). I pointed out no issue with WL product because it is correct. That is called objectivity, Robert; it means I don't have to be friends with someone to draw attention to a quality or failure. It is quite clear that there is not a question over Wasteland's work.

YOU WORK WITH WASTELAND TO SELL WASTELAND'S PRODUCTS.

It is that simple. It is correct. It is a statement of fact.

You can call me Wasted Fett or Fettspride or Fettprides or Frettpride.

Wasteland is a name I haven’t heard in a long time.

ty WF

Sorry Nino, to me you're still Wasteland, it was a better handle anyway. Jesus, Mike M is still Saint Nasty in my head and Alex is still Catbread. Good name that; Catbread.

I was expecting this, from you:

1). You work with Wasteland and sell Wasteland Product. You have actively sought to highlight the issues of a competitor in the promotion of the person you work with with.
2). I don't need to see your PMs. Refer to answer one.
3). I brought Minute Fett up. In my post. I brought it up because he sells an ESB copy. It is relevant.
4). I pointed out no issue with WL product because it is correct. That is called objectivity, Robert; it means I don't have to be friends with someone to draw attention to a quality or failure. It is quite clear that there is not a question over Wasteland's work.

YOU WORK WITH WASTELAND TO SELL WASTELAND'S PRODUCTS.

It is that simple. It is correct. It is a statement of fact.

I help answer DMs on TDH. I am not paid or given any free products. So “working” for Nino would be stretch. I also disclose that when I make recommendations.

My issues with MinuteFett are posted in the sarlacc pit. They’re unanswered. Issues could be cleared up immediately with transparency though his own defenders (which don’t disclosure their actual business relationship with him) with blindly look over those questions as well.

I help answer DMs on TDH. I am not paid or given any free products. So “working” for Nino would be stretch. I also disclose that when I make recommendations.

My issues with MinuteFett are posted in the sarlacc pit. They’re unanswered. Issues could be cleared up immediately with transparency though his own defenders (which don’t disclosure their actual business relationship with him) with blindly look over those questions as well.
With.
Is that incorrect?
That is what I wrote.

With.
Is that incorrect?
That is what I wrote.

Working implies there’s a transaction taking place. I assist with answering DM. Working for or with would be a misrepresentation of the relationship. Once again there’s no other issues with any other vendors, including Animefan who owns all the same molds.

But back to the quality on hand. I would be glad to post quality comparison pictures.

Working implies there’s a transaction taking place. I assist with answering DM. Working for or with would be a misrepresentation of the relationship. Once again there’s no other issues with any other vendors, including Animefan who owns all the same molds.

But back to the quality on hand. I would be glad to post quality comparison pictures.
Nobody ever mentioned a transaction but you. You got bent out of shape over perfectly straightforward language. My statement was factually correct.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back