Armour reinforcement ?

crimson

Hunter
Hi all

So i got around to re painting my armour that had a bad paint job when i bought it, reason why is because i want to try and match the boba maker paint job.

3810C65B-9D4B-4285-B46B-8BAA05BDFFFC_zps5j7nmyix.jpg

9CF86765-1C82-4FA3-8724-3CF7AFE820D6_zpso3lnlqyx.jpg

The collar is apparently boba maker yet it has fibreglass inside for reinforcement

The kidney and cod is boba maker and does not have reinforcement,

Do people add reinforcement ? Or is it better to leave it as is for a lighter troup ?

How safe/durable are these non reinforced peices

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to the cod/kidney plate I wouldn't do any reinforcing on them. If they are vac formed ABS they should hold up okay. Even if they were Sintra it would be okay. You want them to have some flex for ease of movement & if you reinforce them it will become rather rigid & restrict your already limited movement.

Depending on what Bobamaker armor you have, he produces fiberglass armor and he just recently started making ABS. So it may not be reinforced it may be how it was made.

I have Bobamaker armor and it is all fiberglass.

Bm stopped doing fg a while ago, probably at least 1 to 2 years.

In regards to the cod/kidney plate I wouldn't do any reinforcing on them. If they are vac formed ABS they should hold up okay. Even if they were Sintra it would be okay. You want them to have some flex for ease of movement & if you reinforce them it will become rather rigid & restrict your already limited movement.

I Believe the Cod and Kidney are Vacume foamed, can you tell from the picures ?

Thats sound advice thanks :)

Depending on what Bobamaker armor you have, he produces fiberglass armor and he just recently started making ABS. So it may not be reinforced it may be how it was made.

I have Bobamaker armor and it is all fiberglass.

The kidney and cod have lables that say V3, they were bought reciently

The Collar armour is over a year old

Bm stopped doing fg a while ago, probably at least 1 to 2 years.

Yikes so my collar armour is over 2 years old

I wouldn't worry to much. I had my set of RKD armor, which is made from ABS I believe, squashed during a move and it held up to the pinishment no worries.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back