Anyone repainted a Riddel Boba helmet?

ukscout

Active Hunter
Hi guys

Ive just got today and Boba Riddel helmet and another coming soon, i was thinking of repainting the second more movie acurate.

Has anyone else repainted theres and would love to see some pics

cheers

Neil
starwars20.ico

uk-scout TB7290
www.uk-scout.co.uk
ukbikerscout@hotmail.com
ukboba%20banner.jpg

That's my Riddell Jango on Jez's site. Actually, that was my second Jango. The other one I had is now in Japan adorning someone's abode. I was going to make more, but interest has dropped off for Jango, and even Boba stuff lately. Even the once exorbitant Riddell Boba prices are now quite reasonable.

As far as how hard it is to take apart, it's not all that hard. The most difficult part is the visor. It's glued in. So be patient and pry gently, it will come out eventually. The earpiece holding the rangefinder stalk pry's off rather easily. The rest of the ear pieces can come off, but wouldn't suggest trying; decent masking will do the job.

Good luck and if you need any other hints LMK.

Shawn

I just got mine in and taken apart. Like Uber said, the earcap and RF pop off rather easily. The dome comes off with the 4 screws in the top. I haven't tried taking out the visor yet. Fear may keep it in and just masked with tape.
I plan on doing this one like my wife's helmet, one Jodo and one Jango.

Wes

I plan on doing this...one Jodo and one Jango.

I can't wait to see that Jodo!!! That should be cool. If I had better pics of Jaster, I'd do that one.

Shawn

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy guys!
I am also thinking of converting my Riddell into a .
I have taken a look at the helmet interior and located a total of 6 screws, 2 for the visor and 4 for the helmet top.
I havent tried popping the ears off yet.
Can anyone tell me the order of steps to take so that the helmet can be taken apart?
Thanks!

Boba Swede said:
Someone was making plaster recast of the riddel helmets and selling them a while back... 6 months or so ago....??

Check with amiadfilter.....er I mean geoffett here on the forum he was the one that recasted the mini helmet among a few other things.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back