An ESB Helmet...in ROTJ! Another Photo Found! 02-18-03

Hey Glitch, glad to see you around again! Where ya been?

Still trying figure out how that running pic figures in to the sequence. He has no gun, as I pointed out before. But also pointed out before, it's supposed to be after Luke slices his pistola in half.

So now I have to wonder, if he is standing in the middle of the skiff, where is the railing?

Is he really possibly on the barge itself. Or . . . is what he is standing some sort of stuntman spring board prior to smacking into the side of the barge?

My bad. Desloc already posted the idea as I read back through the posts. :)

I really need to go back and take a look at ROTJ frame by frame. It sure would be a lot easier on me if Lucas would just release the original flics on DVD.

hey braks, don't tell me thats a real pic :eek: thats just a photoshopped pic right???

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure there were probably multiple stunt packs, but I can say for sure that Steve's jet pack is not rubber.

ETA - I have to amend this. I'm going to hedge my bets a little. Parts of the jet pack definately appear to NOT be rubber. There is at least one part on top that would get hit first, that looks like it could possibly be a hard rubber. You can see where paint is flaking off on most of the parts of the pack, and there's only one where something black shows through. The rest of the parts where it looks like paint is scraped down all the way, the pack doesn't have any black showing through, and seems to have a whitish looking plastic at the base. However, it could be that the rubber was soooo coated with something that would harden, and that is what is showing as the base. But, if that were the case, then I think more detail would be lost.

Nope, that is a real pic. You can even see the guts dug out out of the pack several frames before Han hits the pack with the Force Pike and when Fett has his back to the camera firing a shot at Luke.

Appolo_50 wrote:

hey braks, don't tell me thats a real pic :eek: thats just a photoshopped pic right???

Last edited by a moderator:
????saFett wrote:
I'm sure there were probably multiple stunt packs, but I can say for sure that Steve's jet pack is not rubber.

However, it could be that the rubber was soooo coated with something that would harden, and that is what is showing as the base. But, if that were the case, then I think more detail would be lost.
[/quote]

The missile wasn’t made out of rubber. Same for Jango’s Jet Pack in ATOC. In the webdoc 10 „Good to G.O“ watch the fight between Obi-Wan and Jango. The jedi flings the mandolorian over his shoulders and he falls on the back. The jet pack should unrelentingly be tattered when made out of resin. So I think; the main body was rubber.

Hey guys, long time no post!

Anyway, I'm almost positive this is not when he takes off from Jabba's barge or when he lands on the skiff but a BTS photo of the stunt man preparing to run and jump against the side of the barge. This explains why the suit is not a "hero". Look at the JP missle, it looks a little floppy also.

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back