13 years of collecting parts almost ready to start assembly of my EE-3

TD4242

Active Hunter
20200211_204509[1].jpg.png

Would really like to find some original split plugs. What is considered the "correct" ones the AM or FM? and anyone know where I might be able to find them?

I think that historically we've all used the LMK/AM version but the UKW/FM are not so different than many will notice.

Is that a Nikko Stirling Mountie?

Last edited:
I think that historically we've all used the LMK/AM version but the UKW/FM are not so different than many will notice.

I was also told somewhat recently that the ones used were neither the LMK nor the UKW, but either (A) the same sized/shaped ones as the LMK/UKW but with no markings on the outside, or (B) the same sized/shaped ones but with horizontal lines going across the outside.

How this person knows this info is unknown to me however I am under the impression this person at some point worked for and under contract for Lucasfilm and actually had hands on the prop at one point. I could be totally wrong about that though.

EDIT: Disregard what I just said... it is all in that link intwenothor linked above.

BTW: part of the reason this took so long was that the Webley was nickel plated at some point in it's history. Most processes to strip it were rather expensive (more so than I paid for the original) so it got shelved. I finally found a product that would strip the nickel at home with minimally toxic chemicals.

I then just applied a cheap cold blue to it and it turned out stunning.

Just wanted to post the results in case someone else is in the same boat I was.

Commitment? Being unable to find the split plugs I decided to buy a CNC machine:

20200217_002513.jpg

and design and make my own

And here is my first test result done over the weekend, not great, but for the first time I've ever CNC machined something it's not cool, it's really cool.
20200309_132110.jpg

Ok, it may not be the only reason I bought it, but it's still pretty freaking fun.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back