Weapons Zam Wesell/Jango AOTC Bounty Hunter Sniper Rifle

DarthBrooks

Hunter
So I've always wanted to do something like this... I absolutely loved AOTC and Jango Fett Bounty Hunter! The Jango backstory of that game to me has always been my favorite side story in Star Wars (legends I use that term loosely because the Bounty Hunter story of Jango Fett will always be canon to me But here she goes: What's a person gotta do to make a Zam/Jango sniper rifle? I did a bunch of research on the matter and found some very, good pics and folks who've really done their homework and decided it was time to give one a shot for myself! I'm about 70-75% finished there's a few more things that I need to do yet but couldn't wait! Had to show her off a bit. So what I got was a replica Revolutionary style flint lock Kentucky long rifle, and adapted a scope from a 3D printed version of the Zam carabine rifle. Took the time to "carefully" take apart my Kentucky long rifle found the right type of paint that looked the best and had some brass, steel, wood, and resin pieces to consider but also didn't want to spend a ton on paint and was able to narrow it down to two paints... got a sharp gloss black and a steel rim chrome paint for the brass parts the steel barrel and the wooden ramrod... the black was for the stock and butt stock. She'll be that way for a while (but when finished hopefully not too distant future) 1, aluminum ramrod 2, metal scope 3, 7/8" barrel 49" (probably aluminum) 4, cut the stock to be open in those two spots showing the ramrod 5, LIGHT AND SOUND BABY!!!
20200802-173444.jpg
unnamed.jpg
20200801-090042.jpg
20200801-112035.jpg
20200801-112027.jpg
20200801-163738.jpg
20200801-163723.jpg
20200802-090933.jpg
upload free photos
20200802-100508.jpg

So I've always wanted to do something like this... I absolutely loved AOTC and Jango Fett Bounty Hunter! The Jango backstory of that game to me has always been my favorite side story in Star Wars (legends I use that term loosely because the Bounty Hunter story of Jango Fett will always be canon to me But here she goes: What's a person gotta do to make a Zam/Jango sniper rifle? I did a bunch of research on the matter and found some very, good pics and folks who've really done their homework and decided it was time to give one a shot for myself! I'm about 70-75% finished there's a few more things that I need to do yet but couldn't wait! Had to show her off a bit. So what I got was a replica Revolutionary style flint lock Kentucky long rifle, and adapted a scope from a 3D printed version of the Zam carabine rifle. Took the time to "carefully" take apart my Kentucky long rifle found the right type of paint that looked the best and had some brass, steel, wood, and resin pieces to consider but also didn't want to spend a ton on paint and was able to narrow it down to two paints... got a sharp gloss black and a steel rim chrome paint for the brass parts the steel barrel and the wooden ramrod... the black was for the stock and butt stock. She'll be that way for a while (but when finished hopefully not too distant future) 1, aluminum ramrod 2, metal scope 3, 7/8" barrel 49" (probably aluminum) 4, cut the stock to be open in those two spots showing the ramrod 5, LIGHT AND SOUND BABY!!! View attachment 195619 View attachment 195620 View attachment 195621 View attachment 195622 View attachment 195623 View attachment 195624 View attachment 195625 View attachment 195626upload free photos View attachment 195627
DarthBrooks Thats a nice project! I am going to enjoy following your progress.
On a related side note... I enjoy folks doing more "unimportant" props. The equipment of side-cherakters, stuff that only saw very little screentime, etc. But thats exactly what makes Star Wars feel like Star Wars: That so much effort was spent on making the world(s) "real", as if they are lived in. Huge factor to me.
So seeing more and more of the little stuff brought to life ist wonderful :)

Just picked up some sweet screw spacers for the butt stock gap... I also ordered some cool parts to make the scope and came up with an awesome solution for the ramrod.

I'll post my parts list and some before and after pics when they arrive and I get them on!
20200811-174611.jpg

Got my 7/8" barrel replacement and picked up a 1/2" x 10" galvanized threaded nipple and 1"x1/2" bell reducer to make a nice scope... started the sanding process and decided that NO PAINT IN THE WORLD can match the beauty of a high shine polish

Check out the progress:
20200821-172709.jpg

20200821-182130.jpg

20200821-191300.jpg

20200822-133658.jpg

20200822-111034.jpg
free image uploader
20200822-115505.jpg

20200822-115645.jpg

Gonna get on those bells after I get those things CRANKED on the threaded nipple. They need a good pipe wrench to go all the way on

So these bell couplers are really rough! I soaked em in some vinegar for a while to loosen up a bit of that galvanized zinc coating but I didn't wanna overdue it cause I wanted to keep that silver color and if I had stripped it of all the zinc it would've turned raw black.

I was able to smooth out some parts but it's just NOT, a job for the fingers until it is smoother. So I'm gonna use a drill attachment and go 60 to 3000 grit and see how smooth and pretty I can get these babies?

This is what I could do by hand:
20200823-110726.jpg

Finally was able to get around to cutting my stock, also found a satisfactory (to my liking) brass splice and head for my ramrod. Was able to track down some flat aluminum bendable banding strips to make some shiny couplers on the stock.

Gonna do a full repaint on butt plate and stock, gotta do some touch up on the scope and barrel as well but I think I'll get to that after I have some screw holes drilled into the barrel once everything is in the right place and spaced apart properly.

But here she goes! It's starting to look A LOT CLOSER
20200920-134947.jpg

Hello, I really like what you have done here.

Do you know where I can buy the conversion kit parts? I would like to work on this project myself.

Did a much needed repaint job and did up a better scope. Added the Orings and got the barrel all screwed on and such. All I need now is a more accurate scope mount and electronics baby!!!
20210315-180737.jpg

20210315-180849.jpg

20210315-180902.jpg

DarthBrooks how did you attach the sawed pieces of rifle stock on the bottom with the couplers to the aluminum barrel? Gonna try and tackle this project myself but that's the only thing I cannot wrap my head arround. If you could give me some pointers or a close up photo that would be awesome. Thanks!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back