Who makes the best Mandalorian Bucket?

Ok,
What can anyone tell us about them?

1. How was this sourced for accuracy?
2. Does this come finished or unfinished?
3. If finished, do you do Alumaluster and weathered?
4. Cost for finished and unfinished?
5. Fiberglass and if not, how sturdy are these?

I think that's about it for now.

Shawn
These aren't mine, I just ordered one. I know they sculpted master but I don't know what it was based on besides pictures from the show. The kit comes unfinished for $220 plus shipping and you can pay $50 to have the visor area cut out. These are resin and I'm sure will be very sturdy. FAC has been in this business a while. I only know from a customer perspective. Maybe Major knows more? Or contact FAC on Facebook. They have been pretty responsive to me. I should have my helmet in a week or 2. I can post pictures when I get it.

These aren't mine, I just ordered one. I know they sculpted master but I don't know what it was based on besides pictures from the show. The kit comes unfinished for $220 plus shipping and you can pay $50 to have the visor area cut out. These are resin and I'm sure will be very sturdy. FAC has been in this business a while. I only know from a customer perspective. Maybe Major knows more? Or contact FAC on Facebook. They have been pretty responsive to me. I should have my helmet in a week or 2. I can post pictures when I get it.

I sent them an email. Waiting on a response.

Thanks,
Shawn

I did. Here's their email:

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for your interest in the Mandalorian (Din Djarin) Helmet.

We are offering an unfinished helmet kit for $220.00 plus shipping. Trimming is an extra $50.00

Please see attached pictures of the helmet kit and dimensions.

Cal is currently talking to a couple of guys who are offering to paint the helmet. Once we've ironed out details with them we will forward the information on to those who are interested in the service.

I modeled the helmet off the original as best as possible using screen captures.

The estimated turn around time is 4-6 weeks from payment.

Let us know if you have any questions or if you need anything else.

Have a great day,
Kathy

1590544548076.png

1590544578170.png

1590544602593.png

1590544627794.png

1590544650137.png

1590544679164.png

1590544701173.png

1590544724593.png

1590544744410.png

I did match the measurements to BobaMakers and it does seem to be a hair smaller. The mandibles seem to be a bit off, but that could be the excess on the mould.

Shawn

Attachments

• 1590544785096.png
    1590544785096.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 204
I did. Here's their email:

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for your interest in the Mandalorian (Din Djarin) Helmet.

We are offering an unfinished helmet kit for $220.00 plus shipping. Trimming is an extra $50.00

Please see attached pictures of the helmet kit and dimensions.

Cal is currently talking to a couple of guys who are offering to paint the helmet. Once we've ironed out details with them we will forward the information on to those who are interested in the service.

I modeled the helmet off the original as best as possible using screen captures.

The estimated turn around time is 4-6 weeks from payment.

Let us know if you have any questions or if you need anything else.

Have a great day,
Kathy

View attachment 190641
View attachment 190642
View attachment 190643
View attachment 190644
View attachment 190645
View attachment 190646
View attachment 190647
View attachment 190648
View attachment 190649

I did match the measurements to BobaMakers and it does seem to be a hair smaller. The mandibles seem to be a bit off, but that could be the excess on the mould.

Shawn

Thanks for posting that. I'd want it finished so hopefully they get that ironed out soon.

Thanks for posting that. I'd want it finished so hopefully they get that ironed out soon.

Well you could always do what I plan on and that is to get a raw bucket. Once that's accomplished, get it to a painter on here named Jack. His work can be found on his Instagram. @Jackrupert133 . He does amazing work!!!
Shawn

Not sure what you mean. I've pre-ordered from many vendors. Some bad, some good. This dude is great. I even bought two. To each is own. Just sharing my 2 sence. Good luck everyone.

I just wish it was more clear. When his last preorder went up it just said, “preorders start tomorrow, message me for my paypal information so you can send your deposit.” He didn’t give a time or anything, and also, does he mean message him now for PayPal info so when the preorder goes live you have it, or does he just mean message him once it does go live and that’s how you preorder? And is messaging how you get on the list? Or is he going to post a link or a google doc to fill out tomorrow? When I commented on a post trying to get a little clarification he just said to see the thing in his story. So I messaged him just after midnight and asked for his PayPal info so I could get on the list and I got no response. I messaged him later in the day again and got no response again.

I don’t have a problem with him or anything. I know he’s probably getting a billion messages about them right now so he’s busy. I’d still love to get one of his helmets, I just think it would be helpful if it was more clear and organized, that’s all.

Last edited:
I had the same issue with Jsin’s pre-order system. I’ll spend more money with someone else. I’m not waiting for two months. I did the same thing. I messaged him one week before asking for info. I then asked him for his PayPal a minute past midnight... then I messaged him right when his pre-order opened up . If he’s got that many people messaging him, good for him. But I’d rather give business to someone who’s going to take their time and not work on a massive run.

Not sure what you mean. I've pre-ordered from many vendors. Some bad, some good. This dude is great. I even bought two. To each is own. Just sharing my 2 sence. Good luck everyone.
I can agree
I just wish it was more clear. When his last preorder went up it just said, “preorders start tomorrow, message me for my paypal information so you can send your deposit.” He didn’t give a time or anything, and also, does he mean message him now for PayPal info so when the preorder goes live you have it, or does he just mean message him once it does go live and that’s how you preorder? And is messaging how you get on the list? Or is he going to post a link or a google doc to fill out tomorrow? When I commented on a post trying to get a little clarification he just said to see the thing in his story. So I messaged him just after midnight and asked for his PayPal info so I could get on the list and I got no response. I messaged him later in the day again and got no response again.

I don’t have a problem with him or anything. I know he’s probably getting a billion messages about them right now so he’s busy. I’d still love to get one of his helmets, I just think it would be helpful if it was more clear and organized, that’s all.
Just check his bio on insta. Always has info on bio. JSIN_PROPS is legit. Great communication friendly guy. Communication is the key to any good relationship. I am waiting on his next pre order which is stated in his bio. Quality, care, what the guy puts into it...worth the wait. 100%. Superb work. Good things come in time friends...

Just check his bio on insta. Always has info on bio. JSIN_PROPS is legit. Great communication friendly guy. Communication is the key to any good relationship. I am waiting on his next pre order which is stated in his bio. Quality, care, what the guy puts into it...worth the wait. 100%. Superb work. Good things come in time friends...

I did, his bio literally just says, “MANDO PREORDERS [date].” It didn’t say a time or how to preorder or anything. Then his story just said, “preorders require a $100 deposit, send me a private message to get my PayPal address.”

So what time does the pre-sale start? How do I actually place a pre-order? Do I message you now for the PayPal address so I can send you $100 whenever it’s supposed to start and that’s the preorder? Or do I need to fill something out and pay you as soon as I place my preorder-order? Or is messaging you for the PayPal placing the actual pre-order? And again, what time? I messaged him at 12:01 am the day of the presale and didn’t get a response. Then I messaged him again later in the day and got no response.

Like I said, his work looks great and I’d love to get in on the next run. I’m not saying anything negative about him or his products. I just wish he was more clear on how to pre-order. I still am not clear how to actually get on the list.

For instance, if I was taking preorders I would say something like, “preorders go live tomorrow, June 12 at 3:00pm EST. It is first come first served. Message me when pre-orders go live to get my PayPal information and you’ll be put on the list. If you do not pay within 24 hours, the next person who paid will be moved up to your spot.”

As opposed to, “Preorders [date].”

Last edited:
Branfuhr Studios also makes a very nice Mandalorian (Din Djarin) with zero seam on the helmet itself only in the visor cutout area. He also offers Beskar in both resin and metal.
The Mandalorian Din Djarin helmet

Which others have a visible seam? I hadn't noticed any on JSIN_PROPS or FAC's buckets.

Did you order the small and the large or both the same size?

I was wondering what the difference in size JSIN_PROPS's small and large are. I know that the screen used Mando helm is smaller due to Pascal's body/ head size. I have a Black Series Boba and that fits perfect! So anything I would get would have to be no smaller than that size. From my research, the largest one so far is Boba Maker's, but that's due to his using an ESB Fett to base his mold off of.

Shawn

Well ask and you shall receive. JSIN now has a website where he adds a little more information. I also asked directly if there's a specific time or if we just message him at midnight and he replied, "I'll just leave it open this time," which I take to mean yes, message him at midnight.

Edit: Now the website actually says message him at 12am PST.

So there we go.

Next preorder goes live 7/30.

Last edited:
743AA788-7B1C-4DEC-A3F3-1EEE6C716B48.jpeg

This is Sean Gerardi’s Casting of GreatApeStudios’ helmet file and the paint job is done by Sean as well using Alumaluster. I’ve dealt with Sean before on numerous occasions and not only is he a great maker but he’s also a great guy to deal with. He’s on the Facebook Mando groups and on Instagram as @Misriah.Designs I believe he is currently doing a few castings and commissions as well.

I have the one Sean Bradley Studios offered with Artisan FX... I think its one of the cleanest and closest proportion out there.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back