Superjedi's ESB Fugly for Viva Fett

Starting the damage on the red areas with the keyslots.

20220516_155503.jpg

I finished the right side of the brow. Let's get to some mandiblization! Is that a word? :unsure:

View attachment 224264

You should start your own dictionary, because you already have some technical terms specific to painting and/or parts of the costume.

If we didn't hijack one would assume all his pictures were the same!

The only thing that changes in those photos is the background, but even then, maybe he shot lots of photos of the same helmet with different background to fool us.

The right mandible is done! Yahoo!
This means that all painting is finished on the helmet itself. I'll work on the ears next, and then final weathering.
I'm including my usual collage that shows how I build the detail working topically.

20220523_035823.jpg 20220522_152259.jpg

May I ask how the quality of Viva Fett's kit compares to Wasted? I've wanted to get the Fugly kit for some time, but I'm a bit hesitant without knowing much about this new Viva maker.

It's a really nice kit. The helmet shell is strong without being too thick, and the resin parts like the ears are cleanly cast with only minimal cleanup required.
This is the first Viva Fett cast I've worked with, and will soon be doing a second.
I wouldn't have any issues recommending it if someone wanted to get one.

Ok, confession time! I actually was further ahead on this helmet before SW Celebration than I had shown. ;)
Now that I'm back into my normal routine, let's get caught up on photos.
Here are the ears in various stages of work.
All of the final weathering and assembly is finished as well, and I'll put up some pics of the completed helmet later today!

20220531_180358.jpg 20220531_180430.jpg

20220606_073056.jpg 20220606_073113.jpg

Painting at this rate, eFX would have done a better job if they hired you to do the factory painting of the PCR helmets. As always, you do an amazing job, Eric!

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back