Sci-Fire 7th Legion/ Commander Faie Clone Armor Build

Sorry. Been busy with a lot of other projects as we are getting to the end of the college semester. I did get one bicep completely glued and I am VERY pleased with the solvent glue John recommended, although you need a LOT of clamps to hold it in place while it dries.

ART IS WORKING ON ARMOR?! Wow! Waaaaaay cool to see this!! :D:D

Your build is looking great bro. Sci-Fire has put out a swwweeeeet set of armor! Most impressive.

Lookin' forward to more pics!!! Hurrrryyyyyy up! :D

-Rex

Last edited by a moderator:
You've gotta spend less time working on boards and more time on your armor ;)

(really just bumping this thread as I pointed a local clone at it for tips on her own sci-fire clone kit)

Indeed. I am grateful for the link and am also having trouble fitting the body parts being a slim female. I am going to have to try and trim my breast plate also as I just can't get all that material to stay close to the ab plate without it standing off the top by five inches.

Barriss, have you thought of padding the ab plate with foam strips so they sit off your stomach a little...that would help give the appearance of the chest plate being more flush to the ab.

Terry,
Head over to the closest Building 19 and grab some foam padding there. I picked up a 4'x8'x1" sheet of white foam for padding for my arm and leg pieces. They also have it in different thicknesses (if that's even a word:confused) so you don't have to layer it on in areas where you might need more padding.

or like i told another really thin person... just gain 30 - 40 pounds, the armor will fit GREAT! ;)
That's what I've been telling myself too. So what if I was 50 pounds lighter in high school, I'm not in school anymore.
:cry :cry :cry

My ab plate is the rubber and just gets around me as is. When I first got my kit I trimmed the ab plate and belt to fit..not realizing that the cod and butt had to go under them... ignorant newbie at armor. I left a little bit but now it is pretty snug under there with the butt and cod. I actually had to add a top lip to the butt and cod so I could fit that thin lip under the ab/belt section. There is no room for anything under there but my natural padding. The ab comes just under the boobs. I could perhaps put padding in my underarmor:) to make it fuller at the top by the shoulders in front. I plan to work on it this week when out of school.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back