ROTJ Gauntlet Alco Switch Question

bh19812

Active Hunter
I have what I believe are the correct Alco gauntlet switches for the ROTJ Right Gauntlet:
0vAgqYL.jpg

The CRL states that "if switches are present, the gauntlet weathering and damage patterns are based on visual references and match the only version where switches are seen. Any other version of weathering/damage should not have switches present."

So the screen captures are too far away to see switches and damage clearly which brings me to the galleries and exhibition photos. I am building ROTJ Hero and use the MOM gallery a lot for reference. This gallery is LOADED with close up gauntlet photos but DOES NOT contain the switches. It does however show the holes for them:
sgSsJuy.jpg

So it is my guess that there are way more photos available without the switches but should I chose to use them, can anyone direct me to the right gallery to show enough photos to accurately recreate the damage and weathering?

Lastly, if I chose not to use them, should I still add the holes for them? Last after though. Are the MOM gauntlets the correct gauntlets and weathering and the switches have just been removed? please advise. Don't want to make a costly mistake looking for 501 approval.
Thank you.

The ROTJ Hero right gauntlet had 1 switch or none.

Promo shots (no switches):
Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-11.png

Movie still (no switches):
Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-Jabba-02.jpg

Movie capture (1 switch):
Boba-Fett-Costume-Returnof-the-Jedi-HD-022.png

Movie still (1 switch):
Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-Jabba-03.jpg

But it's there on some of the stunt ones:
classictr11.jpg

While another stunt had only one:
Fett Yuma 05.jpg

Or none:
Boba-Fett-Costume-Returnof-the-Jedi-HD-061.png

The ROTJ Hero right gauntlet had 1 switch or none.

Promo shots (no switches):
View attachment 172848

Movie still (no switches):
View attachment 172847

Movie capture (1 switch):
View attachment 172852

Movie still (1 switch):
View attachment 172853

But it's there on some of the stunt ones:
View attachment 172849

While another stunt had only one:
View attachment 172850

Or none:
View attachment 172851
Thanks for posting. Looks cool to see them on screen but there are not enough angles and close ups to accurately gat all the weathering and damage in my opinion. Looks like I’ll just copy the MOM gauntlets because there is so much material to use.

I've always had switches on mine. I didn't want to just have open round holes sitting there, so putting something in there (like shown from RafalFett on some of the gauntlets seen on screen) is what I chose to do. Mega accurate or not, I at least have something there I can 'click' back and forth if I feel like it. LOL

I had the same question. I have the switches but I'm wondering if I leave them off or add 1 and have the hole for another. The reference photos are hard to see in some angles. Painting / building a kit for someone for Basic Level Approval.

For Basic Level Approval, it only states...."If switches are used, they are push-button style, not toggle switches"

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back