General ROTJ costume build (conversion from SE)

If youre going for the hero look you have other parts to add... check out my thread on the SE theres a few parts on the flame unit that were there in filming that NO ONE really bats an eye at.

If youre going for the hero look you have other parts to add... check out my thread on the SE theres a few parts on the flame unit that were there in filming that NO ONE really bats an eye at.

Thanks Dom. Now please excuse me while I go jump off the tallest building.

Seriously though, I'll look into the FT lip at a later time. But I really do appreciate your inputs. They are humbling and always educational.

Installed an elastic velcro strap into my left gauntlet and the test fit is a success! It takes a bit of effort to put it on myself, but it is possible. With the sleeve and foam filling up the space, there is hardly any slack and hence reducing the lateral roll. The elasticity of the strap will not cut my circulation off completely...I hope...
IMG_20181030_091502-01.jpg

IMG_20181030_090802-01.jpg

IMG_20181030_091147-01.jpg

IMG_20181030_091202-01.jpg

*After this photo, I trimmed down the foam on the bottom so it's not visible anymore.

Last edited:
I had initially not planned for working electronics on my left gauntlet, mainly because I know next to nothing about such things. But hvacdon convinced me otherwise and had generously gotten me a step-down board to complete the rig. Even as I installed it, I was concerned about the limited space in the upper and the multitude of ways I can screw this up royally. Well, having seen how cool it looks, I am now determined to make it work. I will clean up the layout later, but here's the rig as it is now.

IMG-20181125-113553.jpg

IMG-20181125-115532.jpg

Electronics always adds that extra touch of bad assery to the build! Looks great and glad you went through with it!

Looking Good "T" !! Could you fit the pack and the board over in the flame thrower ??
My board just came in yesterday. I also have a flasher selector I'll be checking out.
I'll let you know how it goes...

Thank you gentlemen. There are definitely ways to improve my rigging so I'll look into it at some point.

I finally got to work on the armor attachment assembly. Specs are based off RafalFett 's blueprints. It's a tedious process as it requires 23 sets of 2-part plates that house the M5 plastic screw. Thanks to Major , we got most of the work done by laser cutting the base squares. I trimmed the corners and drilled the holes for 46 pieces!
Armor_Attachment_Method_Measurements.jpg

IMG_20181126_113346.jpg

IMG_20181126_113314.jpg

IMG_20181126_113223.jpg

IMG_20181126_113417.jpg

I installed brass grommets onto my vest, stuck the plastic screw units onto the armor plates, and assembled them except the left chest plate.
20181204_ROTJ_BOBA_FETT_COSTUME_ARCHIVE_28.jpg

Armor_Attachment_Points_To_The_Vest.jpg

IMG_20181208_084856-01.jpg

IMG_20181208_084934-01.jpg

IMG_20181208_200923-01.jpg

These screencaps clearly show a cable wrapped in silver tape exiting the left chest plate and running under the girth and ammo belts. I am guessing, and it seems logical, the cable supplied power to the chest display from a power source in the left thigh pouch or in one of the ammo pouches.
PhotoGrid_1544274036189.jpg

To replicate the silver cable, I removed the chest display unit and lengthened the cable so it's long enough to reach my left thigh pouch.
IMG_20181208_201556-01.jpg

I'm going to look for silver tape tomorrow to wrap the cable and attempt to complete the vest, along with the wookiee braids.

Last edited:
Great build so far! I think this is the best method to use for the armor, because the diameter difference of the grommets and the plastic screws allows the plates to move slightly and sit "naturally" on the vest/torso.
They used that cable to power the chest light, which had a power source (as you correctly assumed) in the left thigh pouch:
ROTJ Chest Wire.jpg

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back