ROTJ Bucket now with Paint

That is just down right AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I want to cry, that is soooo gorgeous...... I would love to see this on my ROTJ display... ;) :p

Lynn

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an uninformed question - are the mandibles on the real ROTJ bucket really that skewed to the right? It just seems a lot in those pics.

This bucket's dead on, you have to remember that with the visor installed it makes a huge difference.

TN_Boba_Fett_122.GIF

Yup, the RotJ mandibles are jacked up quite badly. If people are looking for an idealized Fett helmet, they need to move along. There is no doubt. The RotJ helmet is ROUGH! But for me, it is all of that asymetry and rough edges that gives it character and makes it look SOOOOO good.

Jodo_Kast wrote:

Just an uninformed question - are the mandibles on the real ROTJ bucket really that skewed to the right? It just seems a lot in those pics.

Last edited:
Well, I think I will have to make some space for a second ROTJ helmet. Lee, be prepared for ROTJ # 3. :p

Well, I never thought the day would come when someone could actually make the ROTJ helmet look good. ;)

Just kidding.

If you are doing a Jedi costume, this is THE helmet to have. No two ways about it. We ESB-ers have really been spoiled lately. It seems all the revolutionary helmets have been done in the ESB style. Well, not any more. As Brak's said, this helmet might even one up the MSH2.

This is the only helmet to date that captures all of the unique details that define the Jedi helmet. Brak's has already covered the details, but I have to say they have been very well represented on the helmet-- right down the warpage, dremmel marks, and metal/resin ears. That attention to detail is what defines TDH.

I've waited for awhile to see a faithful representation of the Jedi. Great job to all involved!!

Been waiting on the sideline watching this project move along. My eyes bugging out of my head in anticipation the whole time. Incredible is all I can say.. Great work.. Keep the updates coming.

Cheers.
Erik

The Helmet looks great. I have been waiting for someone to capture the graceful arch at the bottom edge of the helmet when shown in profile. It looks like you have really done it.
IMO that is one of the details that gives the helmet a more sinister and deadly look. Most of the helmets to date seem to have missed this particular feature.
Magnificent job :cheers
Cheers,
ST

Thanks for all the really great responses everyone. I hope you ROTJ nuts are happy! :lol: ESB fan or not, its
always great to see something of this kind of accuracey come along. Trying to work out all further details
and will keep you posted as they get ironed out. ;)

Don't mean to side track things, but wasn't the Mystery Helmet cast from a actual ROTJ helmet? That was the whole reason i got one. And it isn't small. Its bigger than any other Fett helmet i've ever came across. And looks great.

And i do agree with everyone else here, your ROTJ is Bada$$ brotha!
Michael

Yautja wrote:

Don't mean to side track things, but wasn't the Mystery Helmet cast from a actual ROTJ helmet?
It is rumored, key word here, to be cast from one of the helmets from the Archives that Don Post used to make the Boba mannequin. That claim has nevered been substantiated, hence the mystery.

WPK :eek:oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah:love:love
I'm so sorry for not posting anything in response to this post until now, but this helmet is awesome!!!
I was somewhat a perfectionist before finding the TDH and it only pushed me further into looking at closely or being nitpicky on details and this helmet angers me 'cause I can't find any:D. This is a wonderful undertaking and I can't wait to see it progress and see it painted up.

Ely

Damn, WPK...that's some nice work!
I haven't been convinced about the "rough" look of the ROTJ bucket, but looking at these closeups of your work is starting to change my mind.

I'm an ESB guy myself, but the fact that this bucket has the mandibles skewed like the original, and all that tiny detail just goes to show how this might be the best ROTJ replica made thus far!

Props to you man, you're gonna make all the ROTJ fans poop their pants! ;)

Cheers,
Bartek

Hate to be a pest but I was wondering if there was any progress on this bucket? I've got a bunch of tax return money burning a hole in my pocket ;)

Bump Bump

Loranar

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back