RF lens “Yellowing”

DeathProof

Active Hunter
Hey Hunters,

I’m in the process of making some upgrades and noticed that my rangefinder lens, which was initially clear, has turned yellow - likely due to UV.

My costume is almost 7 years old, so I was expecting some wear and tear. Just curious if anyone has been able to reverse this process or if I need to grab a new one. It would need to fit the Fettpride stalk.

Attachments

• 8737391B-D8EC-41A7-BBF8-C6DABC34D420.jpeg
    8737391B-D8EC-41A7-BBF8-C6DABC34D420.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 102
It sounds silly but maybe see if you can remove it and let it sit in the bright sun? I remember using this trick to "sun bleach" old model kit decals and it worked to get the yellowing out. Idk if the same principle would apply

I still want to try the hydrogen peroxide bath with sunlight, but as I’m in a pretty rainy part of the world, and days are short, I might not see the sun for some time…..*cries*

So, I ended up casting my own, along with putting the LEDs directly into the casting. This saved on space, and I was able to wire all of them up together easily.

Attachments

• D0D45065-05E8-44A5-8CC2-A429C895D751.jpeg
    D0D45065-05E8-44A5-8CC2-A429C895D751.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 93
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back