Ralph's Mandalorian build

Thanks so much all! You're always too kind, Andy :)
SolarFett The JJ rubber definitely is a game changer! Deb did a fantastic job adding the leather on top
joe I actually have two gauntlets as of now. The one with the static whistling birds is by HDC, the one with the fully functional ones (as seen in one of the videos) is by Jon Stark

Ralph - what helmet did you end up going with? It looks excellent.

I'm trying to source the ideal helmet for my build, and the GreatApe-based designs seem to have too wide of a vertical visor vs the Anovos/Denuo Novo "hero" helmet (EFX has the wider visor which GA seems to be based on).

It also doesn't help that the GA design helmet at 100% looks simply massive, and I'm worried it will apear like a literal bucket on my head.

However, it very much could simply be a visual illusion resulting from me hyper-obsessing over too many details lol.

Thanks so much all! You're always too kind, Andy :)
SolarFett The JJ rubber definitely is a game changer! Deb did a fantastic job adding the leather on top
joe I actually have two gauntlets as of now. The one with the static whistling birds is by HDC, the one with the fully functional ones (as seen in one of the videos) is by Jon Stark
Hey Fox - Does she take commissions on wrapping the leather around the rubber piece and making it a functional wrap - like if I sent her the rubber piece? Just curious. I'm in desperate need of help for this piece.

Hey Fox - Does she take commissions on wrapping the leather around the rubber piece and making it a functional wrap - like if I sent her the rubber piece? Just curious. I'm in desperate need of help for this piece.
I believe she does. Though with shipping costs, it may be cheaper for her to order a new rubber shin from JJ (since they're both in Europe).

Ralph - what helmet did you end up going with? It looks excellent.

I'm trying to source the ideal helmet for my build, and the GreatApe-based designs seem to have too wide of a vertical visor vs the Anovos/Denuo Novo "hero" helmet (EFX has the wider visor which GA seems to be based on).

It also doesn't help that the GA design helmet at 100% looks simply massive, and I'm worried it will apear like a literal bucket on my head.

However, it very much could simply be a visual illusion resulting from me hyper-obsessing over too many details lol.
Thanks so much! This one is by Nomad Props/Sean Gerardi. It's basically a Great Ape modded to look more like an EFX.

I believe she does. Though with shipping costs, it may be cheaper for her to order a new rubber shin from JJ (since they're both in Europe).
Yup, Debora does fantastic work but yeah, those shipping costs really do eat into the checkbook, fortunately Bankrupted she has a series of tutorials available on her YouTube channel about how to properly wrap those shins and she's always great with answering questions if you go that route.

You can reach Debora Di Meo via her Facebook or Instagram account, when you request the commission she'll ask you to buy the shin form from JJ Industries official site and to use her shipping address during checkout. JJ with then send the shin along with other items for different commissions in a bulk order to her. Once she eventually finishes your order she'll ship it to you. Just a note the shins are a real popular items and is out of stock presently, be sure to keep eyes on JJ's social feeds to see when there available and order quickly because they sell fast.

You can reach Debora Di Meo via her Facebook or Instagram account, when you request the commission she'll ask you to buy the shin form from JJ Industries official site and to use her shipping address during checkout. JJ with then send the shin along with other items for different commissions in a bulk order to her. Once she eventually finishes your order she'll ship it to you. Just a note the shins are a real popular items and is out of stock presently, be sure to keep eyes on JJ's social feeds to see when there available and order quickly because they sell fast.
Thank you for all that info! I'll definitely keep an eye out

I was inspired by everyone on here and just ordered all my stuff directly from JJ to Deb as well. Fingers crossed! I’m also going with Deb for all my soft goods and other leathers (flight suit, flak vest, belt, etc) - I haven’t seen any builds here with all of her soft goods so I’m hoping that this was the right call!

Last edited:
Congrats man, it's an investment but you want it done right those are the people to order from. Debora does make capes and aprons apart from her leather wares but doesn't focus on the other items for the costume, if you're interested check out The Darkside Closet also on Facebook and Instagram, Mike makes quality parts and is a very good dood. Another recommendation I can offer is to join one of the mando groups on Facebook to access tutorials, vendors lists and reference. Trust me the search function is worth its weight in gold as a resource for your build.

Thanks Andy ! First step into a larger world and all that. I wish I had FB - it would sure make communications with vendors substantially easier! As it stands, I’ve been hunting down emails, contact forms, etc lol. It’s been a struggle.

I actually was going to use Mike at DSC, but Deb got back to me and her goods now include full BoBF Flight Suit for Din based on the in-progress CRL that she’s currently working with the CRL team on (i believe?). I thought it would be cool to go through her for everything since she’s been so active in developing the new CRL for Din (looser neck seal, topstitching differences, etc).

I do hope I didn’t misfire by pulling the trigger with her before the CRL is done, but seeing as I’m in the “November” shipment, I have time to adjust if Mike’s going to be the better route for the flightsuit.

Also, sorry Ralph for hijacking your thread. If it’s any consolation, reading your thread when I got back from Star Wars Celebration is what got me started into all of this, and now I’m all the way in lol

I don't think anyone has a LVL 2 cert yet. I am (parts-wise) only a set of flexible hip plates away (on paper). But I'm sure there'll be something that gets nitpicked over at level 2. Will wait for the submissions to open and at least submit a LVL 1, then send in another once I get my flexible hip plates.

Bankrupted: No worries at all! Glad this journey helped and inspired you!

A couple of new additions! I received my working Rising Phoenix courtesy of Jon Hammer and my new flight suit top and bottom by Steven Walker. There wasn't much wrong with my old flight suit, but it was the oldest part of my build. So some of the details on it were not as clean as I'd like. But that has now been addressed by Steven's amazing work.

Had a ton of fun taking this out to the Pride march in Providence, RI this weekend! Mando and the Rising Phoenix were a big hit with the crowd :)

Lookin great, man! Glad to hear someone that appreciates Steven Walker’s flight suit! I was fortunate to stumble upon Steven’s work when I first started my build - him and Mike at Deltaworks we’re the first makers I worked with. Still love his flight suit!

Your gear is amazing, Fox! Not bad dancing either!! Lol

Ralph you do have the moves for sure! Aside from formatting the crew over at the BHG are sending up the draft soon for review, once the CRL is squared away for basic approval level 2 shouldn't be far behind. Right now our hopes and dreams rest on your shoulders Ralph for getting first anywhere for infamous approval! :)

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back