Question about the new ROTJ CRL

Steveboski

Hunter
Hey everyone, I've got a couple of quick questions about the updated crl.

I'm in the middle of my 501st submission and a few items came up based on the new crl. First, they asked about the 5 rows of stitching at the ankles. When the BHG posted the preliminary update it still said 1 or 5 rows, but now the crl just says 5 rows. The reference images I've seen clearly show a single line of stitching, does anyone know where this is being referenced? Second, they asked about the sewn on strap at the ankles. I'd never even heard of this one. I got my flight suit from bobamaker nearly 2 years ago, and I don't think this was on the radar then.

Does anyone have experience with these issues?

The ROTJ Hero jumpsuit is present on the DaG/MoM Exhibits, where the ankle has 5 row stitching and the ankle strap:
ROTJ DaG vs ROTJ.jpg

Boba-Fett-Costume-DaG-112005-072.jpg

The SWtE Exhibit has the 5 row stitching, but does not have the ankle strap (it might be one of the ROTJ stunt jumpuits):
Boba-Fett-Costume-SWTE-11-23-2008-18.jpg

Thanks for the info Raf, I definitely take your point on the 5 rows of stitching, it's clear in the above reference images.

I'm still lost on the ankle straps though. I see the spats, I'm just not seeing the sewn on straps being referenced. It's possible there's something under the spats but it doesn't seem to be very clear.

I really appreciate your time and experience.

Thanks for the info Raf, I definitely take your point on the 5 rows of stitching, it's clear in the above reference images.

I'm still lost on the ankle straps though. I see the spats, I'm just not seeing the sewn on straps being referenced. It's possible there's something under the spats but it doesn't seem to be very clear.

I really appreciate your time and experience.
It stands to reason the straps would still be present if the flight suit is the ESB flight suit

are those details required for basic acceptance, or are they for notorious and infamous?

Raf,

One again, thanks for the reference. I can see what everyone is getting at, and I also went and looked at Arkady' s flight suit thread and the strap makes a lot more sense now.

are those details required for basic acceptance, or are they for notorious and infamous?

Mike, that's as good question. I had already questioned my local gml on that prior to my post here. I'm by no means an expert but I had never heard anything about this ankle strap until now. For details that are completely obscured, they generally seem to be infamous level. This requirement is in the standard listing and it's one of the first things my gml asked about. I'm the first fett in my area so they are learning the details themselves.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back