Progress Report

MacFett

Active Hunter
Well I thought I'd share my progress so far. Just clear coated all armor pieces and JP.
All pieces are BM with a MLC JP. Colors are Rogue Studio's colors guide.
2.gif

3.gif

1.gif

So far, I'm happy with the effects.
Comments welcome.
Thanks for all the info on this site. Couldn't have done without.
Rob D

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great!

You may want to "dirty" up the skull sticker, what I did was dust black on it, then using a toothpick, scrapped off the black to make the scratches.

Since you mounted it, you will want to mask it off, since the bells do not have the black misting.

And on the "sonic beam" weapon, you should cut out the part under the handle to open it up, like the real tool.

Brak's tutorial has a decent shot of it.

Yeah dirty up the skull, other than that I think you are doing a great job. I would probably dirty up the white parts on the JP, but I am not sure if you have gotten to that yet or not.

Painting looks fantastic. Maybe a little more "scratchiness" (I know it's not a real word) and weathering to the silver on the jet pack. All in all very well done !!
:cheers

Thanks for the comments guys.
The white parts are a little dirtier than they appear. I think the flash "whited" them out a little bit. But, dirtier would probably be better.
I thought about the sonic beam cut out. But was affraid to mess it up. Maybe I'll sack up and do it.
Thanks again for the responses.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back