New Target Boba Fett helmet released

awesome thanks, gotta pick up some tint for the visor as well any suggestions ?

I've seen some people use this for other visor projects, never tried it myself but: VHT SP999 Nite-Shades Lens Cover Tint Translucent Black Paint Can

Last edited by a moderator:
l
looks good what did you use to fill the dent? Wanting to do a supertrooper with one I found today for $33

Yeah I just used Bondo and their spot potty

I love these helmets, you can still get them on Amazon for those asking where to find them

0N4GRYd.png

awesome thanks, gotta pick up some tint for the visor as well any suggestions ?

Personally I'd just cut the visor out and use a Slim Deluxe T-visor, its a perfect fit. The stock visor is very brittle and has shattered on some people. The great thing about these helmets is there is this little channel surrounding the T-visor area. You can e6000 some chicago screws or binding posts down in the channels and attach the t-visor with rubber washers and the male end of the screw. This is a no drill, no mess installation. The visor is then easily removable/replaceable

lcq5osA.jpg

Personally I'd just cut the visor out and use a Slim Deluxe T-visor, its a perfect fit. The stock visor is very brittle and has shattered on some people. The great thing about these helmets is there is this little channel surrounding the T-visor area. You can e6000 some chicago screws or binding posts down in the channels and attach the t-visor with rubber washers and the male end of the screw. This is a no drill, no mess installation. The visor is then easily removable/replaceable

lcq5osA.jpg

looks good what did you use to cut out the orginal Visor?

Last edited by a moderator:
I started my super trooper build with this helmet. This is my first helmet 'build' and I am looking forward to finishing it when the weather gets warmer. I took apart the helmet, cut out the keyholes, filled in the dent, the gouge on the side and the small square by the visor...then I saw a picture that looks like the recessed area should be there and painted black. My initial research looked like it was flat and white. Should there be a recessed area there? I have another helmet, so I could use the current face shield for a Jango build rather than trying to sand out the filler.
Another noob question/learning point. Should the surfaces be lightly sanded with a high grade sandpaper before priming it? I didn't and I used a primer and paint combo and it came out horribly, lol. Does anyone have a reecommended primer to use on the target helmet?
thanks in advance.

Still working on my super trooper build. I picked up a MQ-1, dental files and a borden connector from shapeways. How far out does the borden connector stick out from the face of the helmet? From what I have seen it isn't much. Off the top of my head, i think the borden is 5/16 and the helmet plastic is about 1/16, so drilling it out would allow flexibility to change the height, rather than cutting the borden connector down.
Also, I would like to replace the rangefinder stalk and rangefinder with one that would allow for lights. Has anyone replaced the rf stalk and rangefinder on the target helmet? If so, may I ask which one you went with?
Thanks in advance

Still working on my super trooper build. I picked up a MQ-1, dental files and a borden connector from shapeways. How far out does the borden connector stick out from the face of the helmet? From what I have seen it isn't much. Off the top of my head, i think the borden is 5/16 and the helmet plastic is about 1/16, so drilling it out would allow flexibility to change the height, rather than cutting the borden connector down.
Also, I would like to replace the rangefinder stalk and rangefinder with one that would allow for lights. Has anyone replaced the rf stalk and rangefinder on the target helmet? If so, may I ask which one you went with?
Thanks in advance

I installed a steel borden from shapeways into one of my target helmets, I also installed a hollow aluminum rangefinder from machine craft with a 3dprinted jodo rangefinder top from toolguy. the aluminum RF is much thicker than the stock one so I had to modify the stock ears to be able to fit. I drilled a hole into the helmet and the new RF is held on with with nuts and bolts

fTBuH3p.jpg

WazoxL5.jpg

There are many types of window tinting available on the market.It depends on the Tint you choose but green tinting is best it is visible and protects you from UV rays coming from the direct sun and there is no problem in the night.

Sorry for raising an old thread but I got this when the force awakens first released from target and decided I was bored enough to finally paint my first ever bucket! Was actually a lot of fun and a good learning experience learning on a cheap helmet.

Still waiting for my extended range finder but here’s the beginning of it, as you may have noticed I’ve squeezed the cheeks in a bit since I liked the look when installing the new visor which cracked the entire front half..
This was all done with Rustoleum Can spray paint and all painted on my apartment porch in this lazy setup to reduce clean up lol .. overall very lazy painting on everything and even the dent fill, didn’t want to spend a lot of time sanding lol..

Niece displaying the helmet
DF24D98D-3B53-4904-8355-BAB2FD00311D.jpeg
372377DA-80F2-4FAD-BD14-D8A88703D791.jpeg
FA9A626F-1307-4709-990C-C442488578A7.jpeg

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back