New 1980 Selfridges London ESB Hero and PP1 Boba Fett Photos?

boba87fett

Active Hunter
Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this first photo of the ESB Hero taken in London in 1980 that I hadn't ever seen before. It was listed for sale in the set on EW Bank Auctions for 200 GBP to "bartguy38"as part of the Propmasters: The 30th Anniversary Auction on November 15th 2018. That said, who knows "bartguy38"??? I want to see this whole photo.

Selfridges-London-ESB-Promotion.jpg

Selfridges-London-ESB-Promotional-ESB.jpg

It was described as:

"Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back (1980) A black card portfolio with film logo to front containing six different professional publicity images of the prop and costume exhibition held at Selfridges London in promotion for the release of the film, images 12 x 8 inches."

This second set of photos sold to the same person for 275 GBP on the same day. This photo of Boba Fett is the PP1 helmet that we see in other already known photos from Selfridges in London.

I removed the water mark from this one and resized it to the stated 12"x8" dimensions.

Does anyone have a lead on finding these real photos?

- Steven

nr007517-102_1.jpg

PP1-Selfridges-London-ESB-Promo-Tour.jpg

Was the costume stolen or lost ?
Are you referring to the one in the picture that is not obscured?
We know that the PP1 helmet (Eyes and Ears) is lost.
The obscured pictures shows the ESB Hero suit and that one is not lost. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Are you referring to the one in the picture that is not obscured?
We know that the PP1 helmet (Eyes and Ears) is lost.
The obscured pictures shows the ESB Hero suit and that one is not lost. Please correct me, if I'm wrong.
We do not KNOW that. It could have been re re painted for all we KNOW. It could be the pp3 or the ESB. There’s nothing saying it was stolen or lost

Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this first photo of the ESB Hero taken in London in 1980 that I hadn't ever seen before. It was listed for sale in the set on EW Bank Auctions for 200 GBP to "bartguy38"as part of the Propmasters: The 30th Anniversary Auction on November 15th 2018. That said, who knows "bartguy38"??? I want to see this whole photo.

View attachment 194444

View attachment 194445

It was described as:

"Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back (1980) A black card portfolio with film logo to front containing six different professional publicity images of the prop and costume exhibition held at Selfridges London in promotion for the release of the film, images 12 x 8 inches."

This second set of photos sold to the same person for 275 GBP on the same day. This photo of Boba Fett is the PP1 helmet that we see in other already known photos from Selfridges in London.

I removed the water mark from this one and resized it to the stated 12"x8" dimensions.

Does anyone have a lead on finding these real photos?

- Steven

View attachment 194442

View attachment 194443
Looks like they have the gauntlets on the wrong arms. :lol:

The only thing that matter from these pictures.

Jk, nice photos man! The guy that created the original Fett Kenner toy, had some great Boba Fett photos in his album that I have not seen posted here or anywhere else. I asked if I could share those photos on here. But he said no unless I was going to pay a nice price for the photos. They where so detailed and nice for more reference pictures.
Screenshot_20200715-103630_Gallery.jpg

We do not KNOW that. It could have been re re painted for all we KNOW. It could be the pp3 or the ESB. There’s nothing saying it was stolen or lost
For sure not. The PP3 and ESB are their own helmets.
What I do Know is that I'm certain an entire UK tour suit with the PP1 helmet atop it was "lost". It's my dear wish that it will be seen again in my lifetime. :)

Yeah the ESB suit picture is very intriguing. They wouldn't need two Fetts, so it had to have been a different day or display? Extremely cool.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back