MY TK409 GLOVES

Spideyfett

Well-Known Hunter
Just wanted to post pics of my new TK409 ROTJ Gloves….!! :eek: http://www.tk409.com/fett.html

Thanks Chris and Dianna for a great pair of Gloves…..these are so beautiful and so accurate ….I can’t thank you enough!(y) (y) (y)

**I did have to add some additional pillow stuffing/ Poly-Fil 100% Polyester, I didn’t think they were “puffy” enough for my liking:) …..That’s just me.

Still over all these are the most accurate gloves I’ve ever owned.
I’m still in shock on how dead-on these are:love ….they fit great!

These are the Small/ Medium version.

Now on to weathering these babies up…:)

Enjoy the pics....

Oh and I apologize for the funny hand shape of my mannie:lol: .....they look better on me, but I couldn't wear them and take pictures at the same time...:p

S5300038g.jpg

S5300044e.jpg

S5300042h.jpg

S5300046c.jpg

S5300045d.jpg

S5300048a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic below shows the reversed glove where I cut the opening to add the addtional batting/ Poly-Fil 100% Polyester in each of the fingers and palms...hand-stitched them closed...(y)

and a comparison pic of the Magic of the Mith tour vs. the Tk409 gloves..(y)

tk409.COM1a.jpg

tk409.COM1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one impressive set of gloves! Thanks for showing the pics ... makes me wanna get a pair! Just gotta question for ya: do your hand get hot when ya wear them?

That was the problem with The Real Gloves. Those things were too hot! I sold mine and went back to my ripped up old SlaveI gloves. I need a new pair and these look like a great option.

One great thing I just noticed is that these cover your wrist. I have big hands, and the one problem I've had with Tango Romeo Golf is that they don't reach to my wrist. My gauntlet digs into my wrist, and I am left with open skin. That gonna sting a little.:angry

That's it ... I need a pair!(y)

One great thing I just noticed is that these cover your wrist. I have big hands, and the one problem I've had with Tango Romeo Golf is that they don't reach to my wrist. My gauntlet digs into my wrist, and I am left with open skin. That gonna sting a little.:angry

That's it ... I need a pair!(y)

once you leave Tango Romeo Golf, there is no help for you,

YOU CANT LEAVE THE REAL GLOVES!!!

I did a looooooong time ago. Left them for old beat up gloves too! :lol:

The finger tips on the REAL GLOVES are too boxy if you ask me and they're way too hot and bulky.

After seeing every ROTJ reference photo, I think I'm gonna have to change my tune also...and agree with Webchief. (y)

Don't get me wrong the Real Gloves are extremely well made, heck I still have mine...;) ....but in terms of accuracy....I just had to upgrade.
So to each his own.(y) ..

I'll post pictures once these babies are weathered...:)

The Real Gloves are perfect for what they are supposed to be: wearable costume gloves. They look great, fit well, and are nicely made. I own a pair myself, and once the liner was removed, are alot cooler. But understand that they are not accurate.

The TK409 gloves are made by hand-stitching padding to the outside of dyed parade gloves, just like the ones worn onscreen. Do they look factory-made? No. And they're not supposed to look that way. To be movie-accurate, the pads must be hand-stitched. TK409 nailed 'em.

The preference of 'expertly made' as opposed to 'movie-accurate' has always been a conundrum when dealing with the Fett gloves. Of all the pieces of the costume, this is, unfortunately, one instance where you can't have it both ways.

Awesome gloves, Spidey! :)

The Real Gloves are perfect for what they are supposed to be: wearable costume gloves. They look great, fit well, and are nicely made. I own a pair myself, and once the liner was removed, are alot cooler. But understand that they are not accurate.

The TK409 gloves are made by hand-stitching padding to the outside of dyed parade gloves, just like the ones worn onscreen. Do they look factory-made? No. And they're not supposed to look that way. To be movie-accurate, the pads must be hand-stitched. TK409 nailed 'em.

The preference of 'expertly made' as opposed to 'movie-accurate' has always been a conundrum when dealing with the Fett gloves. Of all the pieces of the costume, this is, unfortunately, one instance where you can't have it both ways.

Awesome gloves, Spidey! :)

I noticed this when I saw the ROTJ HD photos Brak's Buddy posted. TK409's looked much more like what I saw in the photos that what TRG's did. When I got a set of TRG, it was the perfect upgrade given where I was with the status of my costume. But at this point, I'm really lookin' for everything to be dead-on ... hence I need to upgrade again.

Chris ... ya got an email waitin' for ya!;)

You're leaving... THE REAL GLOVES??!

once you leave Tango Romeo Golf, there is no help for you,

YOU CANT LEAVE THE REAL GLOVES!!!

If it makes ya both feel better, now I have an excuse to wear Tango Romeo Gold when I fly.:lol:lol::lol:

I've always thought about replacing my TRG's, but they aren't a top priority for my costume as of the moment :) I also need the thickness of their wrist to keep my gauntlets from spinning, for I am probably the skinniest Fett on these boards; 5'9" 120lbs.

Congrats on the awesome gloves Spideyfett!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back