MY TK409 GLOVES

Spideyfett

Well-Known Hunter
Just wanted to post pics of my new TK409 ROTJ Gloves….!! :eek: http://www.tk409.com/fett.html

Thanks Chris and Dianna for a great pair of Gloves…..these are so beautiful and so accurate ….I can’t thank you enough!(y) (y) (y)

**I did have to add some additional pillow stuffing/ Poly-Fil 100% Polyester, I didn’t think they were “puffy” enough for my liking:) …..That’s just me.

Still over all these are the most accurate gloves I’ve ever owned.
I’m still in shock on how dead-on these are:love ….they fit great!

These are the Small/ Medium version.

Now on to weathering these babies up…:)

Enjoy the pics....

Oh and I apologize for the funny hand shape of my mannie:lol: .....they look better on me, but I couldn't wear them and take pictures at the same time...:p

S5300038g.jpg

S5300044e.jpg

S5300042h.jpg

S5300046c.jpg

S5300045d.jpg

S5300048a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Spideyfett

Well-Known Hunter
Pic below shows the reversed glove where I cut the opening to add the addtional batting/ Poly-Fil 100% Polyester in each of the fingers and palms...hand-stitched them closed...(y)

and a comparison pic of the Magic of the Mith tour vs. the Tk409 gloves..(y)

tk409.COM1a.jpg

tk409.COM1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy BufFETT

Well-Known Hunter
That is one impressive set of gloves! Thanks for showing the pics ... makes me wanna get a pair! Just gotta question for ya: do your hand get hot when ya wear them?

webchief

Well-Known Hunter
That was the problem with The Real Gloves. Those things were too hot! I sold mine and went back to my ripped up old SlaveI gloves. I need a new pair and these look like a great option.

Jimmy BufFETT

Well-Known Hunter
One great thing I just noticed is that these cover your wrist. I have big hands, and the one problem I've had with Tango Romeo Golf is that they don't reach to my wrist. My gauntlet digs into my wrist, and I am left with open skin. That gonna sting a little.:angry

That's it ... I need a pair!(y)

The Clayster

Active Hunter
One great thing I just noticed is that these cover your wrist. I have big hands, and the one problem I've had with Tango Romeo Golf is that they don't reach to my wrist. My gauntlet digs into my wrist, and I am left with open skin. That gonna sting a little.:angry

That's it ... I need a pair!(y)

once you leave Tango Romeo Golf, there is no help for you,

YOU CANT LEAVE THE REAL GLOVES!!!

Spideyfett

Well-Known Hunter
I did a looooooong time ago. Left them for old beat up gloves too! :lol:

The finger tips on the REAL GLOVES are too boxy if you ask me and they're way too hot and bulky.

After seeing every ROTJ reference photo, I think I'm gonna have to change my tune also...and agree with Webchief. (y)

Don't get me wrong the Real Gloves are extremely well made, heck I still have mine...;) ....but in terms of accuracy....I just had to upgrade.
So to each his own.(y) ..

I'll post pictures once these babies are weathered...:)

batninja

Well-Known Hunter
The Real Gloves are perfect for what they are supposed to be: wearable costume gloves. They look great, fit well, and are nicely made. I own a pair myself, and once the liner was removed, are alot cooler. But understand that they are not accurate.

The TK409 gloves are made by hand-stitching padding to the outside of dyed parade gloves, just like the ones worn onscreen. Do they look factory-made? No. And they're not supposed to look that way. To be movie-accurate, the pads must be hand-stitched. TK409 nailed 'em.

The preference of 'expertly made' as opposed to 'movie-accurate' has always been a conundrum when dealing with the Fett gloves. Of all the pieces of the costume, this is, unfortunately, one instance where you can't have it both ways.

Awesome gloves, Spidey! :)

Jimmy BufFETT

Well-Known Hunter
The Real Gloves are perfect for what they are supposed to be: wearable costume gloves. They look great, fit well, and are nicely made. I own a pair myself, and once the liner was removed, are alot cooler. But understand that they are not accurate.

The TK409 gloves are made by hand-stitching padding to the outside of dyed parade gloves, just like the ones worn onscreen. Do they look factory-made? No. And they're not supposed to look that way. To be movie-accurate, the pads must be hand-stitched. TK409 nailed 'em.

The preference of 'expertly made' as opposed to 'movie-accurate' has always been a conundrum when dealing with the Fett gloves. Of all the pieces of the costume, this is, unfortunately, one instance where you can't have it both ways.

Awesome gloves, Spidey! :)

I noticed this when I saw the ROTJ HD photos Brak's Buddy posted. TK409's looked much more like what I saw in the photos that what TRG's did. When I got a set of TRG, it was the perfect upgrade given where I was with the status of my costume. But at this point, I'm really lookin' for everything to be dead-on ... hence I need to upgrade again.

Chris ... ya got an email waitin' for ya!;)

You're leaving... THE REAL GLOVES??!

once you leave Tango Romeo Golf, there is no help for you,

YOU CANT LEAVE THE REAL GLOVES!!!

If it makes ya both feel better, now I have an excuse to wear Tango Romeo Gold when I fly.:lol:lol::lol:

GCNgamer128

Sr Hunter
I've always thought about replacing my TRG's, but they aren't a top priority for my costume as of the moment :) I also need the thickness of their wrist to keep my gauntlets from spinning, for I am probably the skinniest Fett on these boards; 5'9" 120lbs.

Congrats on the awesome gloves Spideyfett!