my scratch built ammo belt

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
Hi ppl

Well there is my attempt at an amo belt. I must admit these are not as easy to make as i had hoped. To all those others who have scratch built belts, i really am in awe of you as all the others i have seen really kick ar$e.

Well here is my feeble attempts (i am not too keen on the white stitching and the lids are all slightly different even though i used a template. The fact i hand stitched it all might have something to do with it though) :facepalm

I suppose the fact that the lids all sit slightly different could give the impression of different items stored in each pouch !!!!

6555A0A9-DFAA-40CE-68A2B26E6D1BFC49.jpg

6556473F-A301-5B2B-E5E8ACAD4075A4F4.jpg

6557854B-B240-6383-AE5991CE655C8F7C.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great to me man! With a little weathering you will there dude. I think the fact that there hand made makes them more authentic and closer to the real deal! Great job!

great job! Yeah, those are very hard to make, and it's time consuming. I hate making them. Might be those hardest costume peice to make in my opinion.

mrgr8ness said:
Looks good man. I can attest to the time and patience it takes to make them. Are you going to put grommets in it?

I probably will when i come across the correct parts to use. However at the moment i am just happy to have a usable belt.

I guess its one of those things, we will all continually upgrade and improve our costumes :lol:

I'm just impressed that you did all that stiching by hand !!!!

If your not happy with the stich color, heres a tip use the "wash" method to color em whatever color you like. I did this on part of my SFP jumpsuit where I redid a few things and it came out perfect

That looks very good! Especially if it is hand stitched! Belts really are a big task. I know, I've made about 100 of them!

Pavespawn said:
That looks very good! Especially if it is hand stitched! Belts really are a big task. I know, I've made about 100 of them!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have seen the quality of yours Pavespawn and they are consistantly excellent. You really have talented hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back