My New Style Mando Armour

My Helmet colour at this time along with the Armour is Primer Black. Im now working on a way to wear my Helmet while getting around the problem of my glasses not fitting. And a blind Mando is not a good Mando.....

I have worked on a few ideas to get round my glasses problem, I first made a pair out of Sintra, (n) I then made a pair out of Pleather (n) .
I have now sorted this problem, and it involved using Valcro, see pics below. I can now wear my Helmet and also have Perfect sight, and still use my glasses. I have cut the arms off and fixed with a strip of Valcro. Now if asked by anyone if they wanted to try the Helmet on, I can just remove the lenses... Well it works for me...... (y)

P02-10-07_17.59.jpg

P02-10-07_18.00.jpg

Here is a better look at the Idea that I have for my Mando Armour, I'm hoping to get it as close to one of the following pictures as possible. You will notice that I have what might be a full lenght cape or just a waist cape, this is marked on the drawings i have made in my pc paint package in red... The Armour will be sitting on top of a light green all-in-one garment.

Mando Idea 02a1.jpg

Mando Idea 02a.jpg

You know what might look better than a cape, elements of a Ghillie suit. Not a full suit because that would obscure your armor but maybe on your arms and legs where you don't have armor.

Instead of a regular cape, how about a large cape that acts as a partial ghillie suit? You could basically use a shoulder to calf cape in an olive drab color, then attach ghillie type strips to the back of it. It would stay out of the way when walking/running but would be useful when laying prone or leaning against a tree. You could also incorporate a ghillie hood that can be easily pushed back off the helmet, when not in use. Just a few thoughts. It's coming along nicely. (y)

Thanks Hunter, I was thinking along those lines also about the ghillie. I was planing of using a hood also, that why I dropped the idea of the having the boba/Jango kinda rangefinder. Yes thats a great idea about having the ghillie, attached to the back of a cloak, with hood....

This is some fantastic armor, dude! I love the paint scheme and the armor vest. I can't wait to see the rest of it. Are you doing a jet pack or are you going "packless"? I love the gun, too. It's really original.

Thanks guys, well BobaFettDaddy, I'm thinking of going packless. It would only get in the way as a Sniper. I have been working on the Armour these last few days, and have gone with valcro to fix to my vest/undershirt. I have also been working on my Rifle also. The rifle only needs a few more touchs and it will be finished, also a little weathering. Below is a few pics of the rifle as it stands now. It's fun working on two outfits, you can do some on one and then have a break and work on the other. My Imperial Knight outfit is coming on well also........

P02-17-07_23.14[1].jpg

P02-17-07_23.15.jpg

P02-17-07_23.15[1].jpg

Very good looking so far. I thought that since your doing a camo colored sniper, maybe you can add something like a guily suit type thing to the back or where ever, and would really really bring out the feeling of a sniper. Good job!

-tubachris

Thanks guys for your comments, I will be adding some elements of ghillie to the outfit. As for the Blaster/Sniper rilfe, it just needs a little weathering. The Armour is now marked out were im going to apply the colour scheme. I just need now to pop down the local Hobbie craft and pick up the acrilic paint needed. Then i can start the camo paint job. As I progress with it i'll add more pics......

I went down to an advanced auto parts awhile back, and they actually had in the paint section, like 3 different sprays that were meant for paioting camo. They were all under the same sub-brand. I havent used it though, but throwing that info out to you.

-tubachris

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back