My New Style Mando Armour

I have no weapons just yet, but was thinking of scratch building a rife to use with my outfit. I'm thinking of a rifle about the same lenght as a Stormtrooper rilfe, no need for a full lenght job. At least with a ST type it can be holstered to my leg. I have found a few things around the place that look like they might work for know. I'll post some pics later today....

Well here goes, I have been working on the look of my Rifle, its been made out of Plumming pipe and sintra, with a hand grip from a tape gun. Having the tape gun reversed the plate provides a guard for the hand. The scope is just a test.... Once its all rubbed down and filled, i can under coat it then finish off with a black coat. Then weather it a little, and add more detail.

Rilfe 01.jpg

Rilfe 02.jpg

Rilfe 03.jpg

Rilfe 04.jpg

Rilfe 05.jpg

Rilfe 06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a pic of my Upper body Armour, now with its final undercoat of paint. Also in this is my Helemet, all the shown Armour is now ready for the Camo Job later this week.... I had to light this pic with a lamp, (Mood-lighting) due to the poor lighting and the fact it's all black now........
Also I have added a pic showing the Armour on my brown vest, made from pleather.

Upper Body Armour 01.jpg

Upper Body Armour 02 On vest.jpg

I have been working on my rifles scope today, the scope is made out of part of a push bike pump, and some light fitings, with a green lens. It will now be mounted onto the the rifles left side. Also are some pics of the Scope where it will be mounted....

Scope Parts.jpg

Scope.jpg

Scope Mounted on Rifle.jpg

P02-07-07_12.13.jpg

Here is a pic of the scope and its green target lens before an after. Soon I shall be doing the filling on parts of the rifle then the paint job.....

Scope Before Target Sight.jpg

Scope With Target sight.jpg

Scope On Rife with Target sight.jpg

The rifle will be a duel weapon, the upper section of the rilfe will be used as a Blaster, like the Stormtroopers, and the lower section with the longer barrel section will be the Sniper rilfe used along with the Scope. I have already made the cooling holes for the blaster section, but have not added this to the rilfe yet. This part will be added after the rilfe is painted, and will show a metal mesh under it, visable though the holes. The pic below will give you an idea what I mean....... I'll keep you posted how the Weapon and the Armour is going........

P02-07-07_15.26.jpg

Bro, I like where this project is going! The armor is a fresh new way to look at it.

MUCH RESPECT to anyone who scratch bulids a weapon and makes it look SW!

Excellent job.

I have worked on my Helmet also, it's now got its final coat of primer, and has its darker undercoat, ready for Camo look. The Helmet now has it's visor, which makes the Helmet look cool, as do all Mando's.

P02-09-07_11.27[1].jpg

P02-09-07_11.28.jpg

Wow that looks so good!! I love the blaster...its great when people just make this out of nothing really!! Good luck for the rest of it!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back