MoW Gauntlets - need guidance, please!

pigelectric

Hunter
Hello!
I purchased the MoW gauntlet kit from a friend who held onto it for awhile and then sold me his ESB BF parts.

I'm looking at the directions and placing the parts out, but can't quite figure out what those pieces should be - please reference image - I circled the parts on the instruction sheet and the area on my layout where they are 'missing'.

7A3GIHjl.jpg

Here is a pic of all the pieces I have for the gauntlets (I also have the aluminum sheet provided):
Bs72pA7l.jpg

Thank you so much for any guidance you can provide!

Sarah
DZ-43666

Did your friend open up the box and lay out parts like in your pic before they sent it to you? Small parts have a habit of running away by themselves haha.
Best of luck finding it!
Another option is to show MOW a message and see if he happens to have a spare part you can get from him.
Cheers

Viper Thank you for the advise - I was def worried that some pieces wandered off, in the way that pieces tend to do. I did email MoW but am so lucky that these forums are so incredibly helpful and nice.

Bbbmssr Those pics are so spot on, thank you.

I just realized that I need to go source all the metal bits now for my gauntlets (darts, etc). It never ends, does it? :D:D:D

it never ends you can ask anyone the fett is never finished but I'm glad I could help I haven't glued mine yet because every time I think I'm ready to glue I remember another piece that needs painted or put together still

Bbbmssr ain't that the truth. All my costumes have a 'wait list' of improvements. LOL
I read that I shouldn't glue those together until I get the gauntlet sized right. Also, I am thinking maybe instead of those two parts, I should cut out a similar size from PVC? That seam is sucky. Granted, I had a poor bondo experience earlier today so I'm irked at seams LOL

I've had many bad experiences after doing several mandalorians but eventually it becomes easier I like the seam on those two parts on mine so I'm not complaining about that my main issue is how to attach the two halves together I don't really want a hinge seam but i cant get piano hingevto line up on both sides none the less I will be finishing these last

Bbbmssr My gauntlets don't line up very well either :( I'm going to tape them and take a heat gun to them to try to correct it. I wanted to knock out the gauntlets because I hate having all these little parts lurking around, just waiting to get lost or chewed on by a cat.

Ha I don't own cats as I hate them but I'm very careful and haven't lost them in months mine line up well and I glassed them but the piano hinge doesn't sit right when I try but I have knees and a shoulder to add orange too and I'll finish them then it's on to the gauntlets for me

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back