General Masking fluid ..or...something..making "oil stains" on armor?

it was tacky, that I've had. Enamel paints can sometimes reacte to each other, not as stable as acrylic. And it makes sense that it was the mask, we had touched earlier in the thread on the possibility with amonnia reactions with the paint..
good to see a resolution.

Well, glad this worked out. Sucks though, on the Brightside, it did happen on your armor. I know that if something like this were to happen in my shop I'd rather it happen to my stuff than someone else's stuff. At least at that point the a time deadline or quality issue wouldn't be a problem. This thread is going to save someone some trouble one day.

Well, glad this worked out. Sucks though, on the Brightside, it did happen on your armor. I know that if something like this were to happen in my shop I'd rather it happen to my stuff than someone else's stuff. At least at that point the a time deadline or quality issue wouldn't be a problem. This thread is going to save someone some trouble one day.

Yea as much as it DID suck that it was mine, like you said there was no deadline or anything and i could put it aside to do other folks armor...but i worked it out quickly and was able to finish my armor while working on ISBEAR's. I just need to do the chest and shoulder graphics and my armor is ready to attach on my new vest.

My timing is good too because im actually losing weight doing "clean eating" . When i got back from C7 i was 232, now im 221, so hopefully by the time i get my jetpack molded, cast, tweaked, molded again..i will be at a more reasonable weight for my 5'8" frame :)

Congrats on the clean eating. That is by far the hardest part of slimming down. The exercise is the easy part. The diet is the tough part.
Well, save your cardio for when you get the jp mold done. If youre slush casting, youre gonna have popeye forearms.

Congrats on the clean eating. That is by far the hardest part of slimming down. The exercise is the easy part. The diet is the tough part.
Well, save your cardio for when you get the jp mold done. If youre slush casting, youre gonna have popeye forearms.

haha im doing them in fiberglass :) Im hoping to get back on my bike soon for cardio....i just need to find the time...so many commissions to get done!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back