Mannequin almost finished

bobamaker

Active Hunter
Not sure where to post this thread really, so I chose soft props as he has most of them complete. Mods, please feel free to move.

It took a heck of a lot of work to get the mannequin to the correct size and to get a pose that would show off the costume properly. I wanted the pose to be laid back but kind of threatening at the same time. I think it worked well. It will look better when the remaining pieces are fitted.

He does have different coloured side pockets and extra ammo pouches, one of them has the stud fastener as seen on the SE Fett.

Mannequin.jpg

It looks great! Most mannequins have the same problem-they look like mannequins. Yours looks life like and natural. Did you cut and reattach limbs and repair the fiberglass to get it to look that natural? Just curious. Great work DAZ.(y)

Super coolness right there. Great pose, cool backpack harness. Is the collar armor there just for looks, or does it somehow connect to the pack harness through the vest?

The limbs are removable but I did re-shape them, the mannequin was just standing upright when I bought it. I had to cut lots of his muscle away and make the shoulders a lot narrower, you wouldn't believe how much of the original mannequin has been cut away (chest, thighs, calfs and shoulders). Almost all mannequins have very broad shoulders, no butt and long legs. I had to pad out the butt, I did this by attaching strips of bubble wrap, this works well.

I also had to cut pieces of the legs and waist off to get him down to 6 foot tall, again, most mannequins are over 6 foot. The amount of work all together for this project was a lot more than I expected. The hardest part was getting the hips and waist to the correct angle.

DAZ

It looks great! Most mannequins have the same problem-they look like mannequins. Yours looks life like and natural. Did you cut and reattach limbs and repair the fiberglass to get it to look that natural? Just curious. Great work DAZ.(y)

The collar doesn't attach to the harness. I have the collar and back armour on the mannequin because I'm making the movie accurate straps and I need to make sure that they line up with the slots in the back armour.

DAZ

Super coolness right there. Great pose, cool backpack harness. Is the collar armor there just for looks, or does it somehow connect to the pack harness through the vest?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back