Look what I just won!

clmayfield

Active Hunter
pix614110404.jpg

I have officially gone crazy. I am going to hate modifying such a cherry piece. Now I need to figure out how to get a shoulder stock.

I haven't taken delivery yet, so many things could still go wrong.

Well... I'm not all the way in. Woodman will make me a stock. I will also need to buy a D bracket and come up with some brass grips. But I am pretty excited about it. These don't come up often. I was probably bidding against another Fett head. The bidding was at $425 just minutes before close, then I swept in with a $713 bid. And then another guy increased the bid $5 at a time until he got right to my bid amount. He bid a little extra and I was outbid. Then I took it to $731. This is about what they go for when they come up, which isn't often. I wish it came with the stock though.

Congrats!! I was watching that one on gun broker. Never bid though since it's missing the original stock attachment with serial number, stock and grips. I'll continue searching the galaxy for another one. P.S. I'm still jealous.

Yeah. Still looking for the stock. Federal Labs took a certain number of these, chrome plated them, and used them as tear gas launchers, which is what happened here. I am conflicted as to whether to bead blast it and blue it or simply paint over it. Any paint that scrapes off will show a nice bright metal underneath, so I am leaning towards that.

@clmayfield Definitely have a professional de-chrome it and then you should blue it right away. It'll be gorgeous. I was looking into costs and it was not bad at all. Some companies will de-chrome it and then blue it for you.

Thanks, Viper! I'll look into it. You can actually buy bluing salts and do it yourself, but I will need a pro to bead blast the finish off.

go ahead, make my day...
7909159eb9b32f3737eede72a509d7d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Attachments

• 7909159eb9b32f3737eede72a509d7d7.jpg
    7909159eb9b32f3737eede72a509d7d7.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 225
I haven't received it yet. I e-mailed the guy when I saw this go up for auction. He called me and said that the auction renewed by mistake, but he still hasn't pulled it down yet. I am a bit concerned. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't received it yet. I e-mailed the guy when I saw this go up for auction. He called me and said that the auction renewed by mistake, but he still hasn't pulled it down yet. I am a bit concerned. :eek:

Wow, that sucks. I would be annoyed! Good luck and let us know. hope you get it soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back