Softparts seller WARNING!

Jeffon

New Hunter
Hello everyone.
I would like to warn all my fellow Star Wars fans about a certain seller that, in my opinion, scams people. Which means he collects the money but never ships the items. He keeps you on the line for 180 days (PayPal protection) and then starts with all kinds of excuses and starts ghosting your messages. In the last 2 weeks I found out that I’m not his only victim. I’m talking about FETTARMORY.COM and his name is Matej Čupes Čupka. I also figured out that in 2021 some orders were shipped, so my guess is that in 2021 he actually shipped his product, got amazing reviews, even had youtubers talk about him which pushed his trust and popularity. But since the beginning of this year things changed.

Here is my case:
-Order date: Dec 11 2021, 470 USD
-My first message to him asking about my order on the Feb 182021
His answer on the 20 Feb 20 2021 saying: We will start working on your suit next week, I still need your measurements.
-My second message to him on the Mar 29 2021: Me asking if the finished my order.
His answer on the Mar 31 2021: Sorry, overwhelmed with messages. We will finish your pants and ship next week the latest.
-My third message on the April 25 2021: Me asking if I could get a tracking number please.
His answer on the 28th of April: Sorry I didn’t ship your order yet. I got Covid by the end of march, was out for 3 weeks and all the work piled up. I will do as fast as possible and sorry that you are waiting for such a long time already.
-My next message on June 6th asking about my order
No answer
-Next message on June 10th.
His answer was that he is currently working on my flight suit and that it should be done next week. No more delays!
My next message on June 29th asking if my order was shipped.
No answer
-My next message was on July 6th
His answer: He was delayed with the vest but he is finishing it as we speak. I will ship this week so you don’t have to wait anymore.
-Me on July 22nd asking about my order AGAIN! PaypalProtection gone…!
His answer: All is done. Going to the post office on Monday/Thursday.
-Me on August 2nd : Please tell me that you’ve shipped my order.
His answer: Yes. Sorry didn’t update your order but we are moving to a new house and I’m all over the place.
-Me on August 19th saying that it hasn’t arrived yet and that I wuld like a tracking number. I got the tracking number 2 days later via e-mail.
His additional answer to the tracking number was: Btw the tracking number will be available to track after it reaches my country. If the package doesn’t arrive next week, please let me know.

-My next message was on august 29 telling him that the order hasn’t arrived and that the tracking page still says that the tracking number doesn’t exist.
-Another message from on September 9th asking him to double check the tracking number because the tracking page still shows nothing.
His answer on September 14th: I already contacted the post office and waiting for a reply.
-Me on September 14th (my patience was at a very low point): Any news from the post office?
His answer was that they said that the package should arrive any day now. In addition he complained about the post office…that he is losing customers and that it hurts his reputation. And he promised that he will do a new one if the package doesn’t arrive next week.
-Sept 27, me asking: Noting arrived will you do a new one?
His answer: I will, thank for the update!
-Oct 10th I asked for an approximate time frame because I didn’t want to wait another 10 months.
His answer: Yes I will just give me an hour. I contacted my seamstress and she should be done next week.
-October 22nd he wrote me first saying that the set is done and that he is shipping on Monday.
My answer to that was that I would like a better shipping option. Secured, tracked and fast. I was ready to pay for the extra. After getting some quotes I decided to go with FedEx fast tracking for 70€.
-October 29th he told me that he scheduled my shipping for Wednesday next week an that I should have it 2 days later! I paid him 70€ via his personal paypal (goods and services). Than he asked me if I could pay him as friends and family. And the idiot I am, I did…!
- November 2nd I asked for the tracking number.
His answer: Hey buddy you will probably kill me, I was waiting for courier all day yesterday and he didn’t come. So I was calling fedex today and turned out I booked next Wednesday ‘ot this one. But we rescheduled and courier will come tomorrow morning and you will get it Monday morning. I’m sure you are pissed of and I apologize if you want I can paypal you 70€ back as apology for this mistake
Me, I decline his offer to send back the 70€…
-I contacted him again on November 4th
His answer came a day later that the thing with the courier was a complete **** show…blah blah blah… .He will dig up the tracking number but he just needs an hour to finish something. And that my package should be delivered between Monday and Wednesday (7th-9th November).

Since Sunday the 6th of November he is ghosting my messages and I still don’t have tracking number! Meanwhile I talked to a few people that ordered with him, and in some cases it could be a copy paste of my story. Other had the chance to get a paypal refund. So, keep your fingers away from FETTARMORY!!

Any other Victims?

I have had the same experience, but was luckily warned by Jeffon about the seller before having to wait for almost a year like he did.
After reaching out to a few others who are also waiting for their orders, i made the decision to make a refund claim with Paypal.

Observed behaviour about this seller:
  1. Very responsive when inquiries are made about the soft parts he offers
  2. Somewhat responsive regarding order status after payment is made
  3. No responses when asked for a tracking number after the committed ship date
  4. No responses even when asked if more time is required to fulfil the order
  5. No responses via Paypal after a refund claim is filed - seems like he doesnt even bother challenging the case i reported
Even though there are some customers who have received their orders in the past, customers like Jeffon who placed orders back in 2021 have not received anything. Perhaps he is swamped by the sheer quantity or orders, or perhaps he is awaiting the Slovakian Army's draft to fight the Russia Ukraine war (this is what he told someone. i kid you not! Slovakia a member of EU and NATO, is not even part of the conflict - yet)

Therefore, a word of advice to TDH community: Stay away from Fett Armory.

Had a similar issue with him through Etsy for a BOBF soft parts set, after 90 days of ghosting me and very similar emails/IMs, I pulled the plug and he immediately got nasty, but continuously promised fulfillment of the order. It went back and forth over Etsy and the FB groups and unfortunately and brought some previous customers/friends to his defense as allegedly at one point he was a reputable seller within the Community. In the end I was able to get refunded, hard lesson but I came out whole.

im happy for you that you got your refund! I did too after having to deal with paypal because he totally ghosted me… .

I’m wondering how many more people he stole money from, because as far as i know, he still takes in orders!

Dang this sucks, glad you were able to get your refund tho. I ordered from him in November with a quote on 4-6 weeks. I've messaged him a few times on Instagram about my order but I continue to get left on "seen".

It's a shame because he was the only vendor it looks like who made a decent looking post sarlacc vest. Going to try to look for other options before requesting a refund.

Use paypal straight away for your refund, and don’t wait too long, because he will tell you one lie after another and keep you on the line. Believe me, he did this many times with other customers too.

I ordered my softparts at Crowprops and they arrived after 5 weeks. I’m really happy with the product!

This is very unfortunate. I had high hopes for him. He made my soft parts which are subsequently now in the CRL photos. But there is a long list now of individuals like you that have had similar experiences. The next best alternative from what I have seen is now the Darkside Closet.

Jeffon
It really sucks when you have to seem like a huge pest to get the information you want. I only make and sell the little ROTJ Cape Greeblie that seems to have gotten positive reaction. However, I do mine in Runs of 5 and it is quite manageable for me and my lifestyle. I ship USPS Priority and provide a tracking number - usually within a couple hours of shipping it.

For me it is the reverse, I'm the one usually pestering my customers with updates on where the item is via screen shots from USPS as well as providing pics of the package so they know what to expect, and to see if they have received it. And of course, I like to know if they are happy with my end product. Not once have I been told "Dude.....stop with the updates!"
:lol:

Sounds like this is not a vendor you can trust - which is too bad.

-Iron

It's really unfortunate. There's countless vendors here who offer quality products and excellent customer service, but every so often There's a bad egg in the bunch.

I guess I'm back to square one for my post sarlacc vest lol

I am surprised that I ordered something from him in the past that I received. I would never know that later on, he would be that irresponsible and neglected.
Thank you guys for raising the red flag on him, and I will make sure he is not even near my likes or favorites on Etsy or eBay.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back