Just signed up

Joey Boots

New Hunter
Hi All,

So I did just sign up to forum and have lots of questions. I have been searching the web and have seen a lot of resources etc ... I want to start collecting and piecing together a ROTJ Boba Fett suit as authentic as possible. I recently quit smoking so this gonna be my reward since im now saving about 400 dollars a month. I guess my biggest problem right out of the gate is that I cant paint to save my life. So first question would be where to find the best quality pre painted items?

I was looking at Darth Cleavage website for painted armor pieces. Does anyone know much about this site.

For the soft parts I was looking at Kripton Top

Brokk I was thinking about grabbing maybe one piece unpainted first to see if I can figure it out.

Armor already painted as authentic as possible is going to be pretty high in price. For starters you could check out this thread which is a rattle can option for RoTJcolors:
www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/threads/stormtrooperguys-rotj-armor-rattlecan-colors.10256/

Or you could invest in a low budget airbrush and work up from there. With painting, any mistake can be fixed and the stencils avaliable here are priceless.
Hello and welcome to fettterian madness or the love there of !
Personally I think brokk's advices is priceless. As there are many ways of approaching this boba fett insanity, some build some buy and some research like Sherlock holmes. The enjoyment for me is to build rather than pay out for somebody else's hard work. Don't get me wrong as I know not everyone has the ability or time to work on there own builds and it can get frustrating and sometimes make you as twitchy a porcupine at a balloon convention!
I've worked for some time now on a build that I've mostly made from bits that I've found all in the same way as the prop builders of the original films.
Good luck with your build which ever way you choose to approach it and well done on quitting smoking as its been two and a half years now since I did the same thing although I may vape like a trooper, its a lot better than hammering coffin nails into my mouth with my fingers o_O

Last edited:
I’d stay away from Darth Cleavage. He doesn’t even make the stuff himself and theres picture of the actual product.

If you’re looking for armor/gauntlets/helmet check out Wasted Fett.

read up painting threads, study the reference material, then practice on cardboard templates to get a handle on feel, preference, and technique before coloring up some resin and plastic.

I’d stay away from Darth Cleavage. He doesn’t even make the stuff himself and theres picture of the actual product.

If you’re looking for armor/gauntlets/helmet check out Wasted Fett.
SHE doesn't make the parts herself, those are from MA, but she does do great assembly, finishing, and painting.

SHE doesn't make the parts herself, those are from MA, but she does do great assembly, finishing, and painting.

Wasn’t aware she’s a women so my apologizes there. I tend to stay away from vendors who don’t show pictures of their Fett work and won’t name who they’re getting their items from. Didn’t mean any disrespect.

BudaFett I should have listened to you bro.
If you’re still on that budget I can help you out big time. With that budget I can get you a full completed suit in a very short amount of time.

message me if you’re interested. Or check out some of my threads in the cargo hold.

Or if you already have armor and all that, I’d be glad to paint it at a relatively low price and will beat any competitors pricing while providing incredibly quick turnaround times.

You can also find me on Instagram @@minutefett

Welcome to the hunt, their are quite a few vendors and painters on here like minutefett who are more than willing to help and give you advice if needed.

Where abouts are you on the globe sometimes can be a factor in sourcing the various elemets needed.

My only other advice atm would be try and avoid the impulse purchases on ebay and etsy. As you progress in your build you soon find out that these purchases in the long run may not be up to the standard you want to achieve..

Enjoy and happy hunting.....

Just finished up a ROTJ Fett with my Father in Law and he got approved in June. We have a TON of paint left over and would be up for another paint up. Feel free to check out our build. If you have any questions then shoot me a message. Good luck!

Joey Boots Here is the link for MasterBlaster23's build he is referring to. Its such a great story and everything came out looking spot on.

Mike M. Darth Cleavage ended up stealing about $1500.00 USD from me ... Just wanted you guys to know maybe stop posting shes ok to work with. LOL she's a lying thieving piece of crap that has so far stolen my money and wasted about 1.5 years of my time.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back